Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the forum

leelacey17

Evening all,

Been following for a while so thought it best to say hello.

I have a 2007 07 plate is-250 sel which I brought about 18 months ago. Was a one owner car with 32k on the clock and full Lexus history.

There were a couple of marks on it but I like my detailing so managed to sort them and tidy the car up to a standard that I wanted. Had the water pump issue but got that done but apart from new tyres it's been issue free. All servicing will be done by me from now on.

It has the grey leather interior and the sat nav upgrade.

First picture was the day that I picked it up the later ones are over the last few months.

c963355e7ac4338fc3caaaa5a2436396.jpg3caf5bc3d786d853179c9886248e2c18.jpg8808912eae6fec7f9f7ebb00613cda3f.jpg7b35027702bff3470195c8e29b25fb23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking good there fellow, my 250 is apparently the same colour as yours! But at the moment is underneath a thin film of muck, got to get round to sorting it sometime soon, got a brand new Karcher K4 in the box raring to go but turns out I have fractured my Calcaneus (heel bone) and very painful it is too, can only just walk let alone detail my pride and joy, very envious of your gleamer

As above, any products you used and were pleased with/recommend  would be helpful.

paul m.

Looks fantastic. Which products do you use to make it that clean and shine so much?
Thank you. I have various products that I use but the ones I would recommend would be from a company called Bilt Hamber. They do a range of items and most are absolutely fantastic and great value. I use their clay bar, shampoo, polish and their double speed wax which is what has been used in the photos.

I'm always buying new items to continue to improve the look and protection on the car. Once a car is fully decontaminated and then polished you can then add a couple of coats of wax and it will seal the paintwork for 4 to 6 months. You can then just ensure it's washed correctly and top up the wax every now and then.

And I never use these hand car washes.

• Thanks 1

Looking good there fellow, my 250 is apparently the same colour as yours! But at the moment is underneath a thin film of muck, got to get round to sorting it sometime soon, got a brand new Karcher K4 in the box raring to go but turns out I have fractured my Calcaneus (heel bone) and very painful it is too, can only just walk let alone detail my pride and joy, very envious of your gleamer
As above, any products you used and were pleased with/recommend  would be helpful.
paul m.
Thank you. Please see below. Any help with products and I'm more than happy to help

Hello Lee and a warm welcome to the forum.
I'm a big fan of the Lexus IS250 and yours is a lovely example. 
Great pics and love the colour [emoji3]
Thank you. Wasn't my first choice of colour or interior colour but was the best car I could find for the money I had. I think 7k for a car with full Lexus history and only 32k in the clock was to me a bargain. I knew I could get the beat out of the paint with a bit of work.

With you on the colour! Silver was/is my least favourite of the available options but when I went and stood in front of it after looking at a few let's say not so good ones! It was the ACC and Moonroof options that sold it, along with the FLSH & 37,000 in 10 years!

Like I said can't wait to get hands on and bring it upto something like yours and get out in the summer and enjoy it.

Paul m.

Thought I'd stick a few more photos up.

Some of the for lights that were upgraded to LED bulbs so I now use them as Drl' s

The headlights I did quite early on as they were starting to yellow.

The rest are just some hard work getting the car clean. I love a reflection and shine. 20170321_141056.jpg20170321_141122.jpg20170201_153709.jpg20161228_142235.jpg20161102_074429.jpg20161102_081920.jpg20160826_123013.jpg20160826_125441.jpg