mista_khan

misfire on is200 auto p0420 p0302

Hi guys

have been getting misfire with engine light and trc light flashing, having changed spark plugs and also coil packs, makes lights vanish for few days, change coil packs around, error still comes back on same cylinder after a few days?

P0302 CYLINDER NUMBER 2

p0420 which i believe is the cat (but which cat as they have pre cats too dont they?)

symptoms, 

idle gets rough, exhaust has alot of gas coming up

cat makes a rattling noise too on idle

car starts juddering , loss of slight power

engine lights flashing and if i dont remove code for more then few days then p0303 and p0305 which is cylinders 3 and 5 light up too but always p0302 and p0420 come up first.

the car is also on lpg if that helps. i have read that when the cats are damaged or blocked it can cause misfire symptoms but want to know your views.

what do you guys think this is being caused by?

pre-cats have been known to break up and block the exhaust on the IS200. Initially symptoms are that the engine won't rev high.

Random misfire errors are sometimes due to faulty fuel injectors.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, ColinBarber said:

pre-cats have been known to break up and block the exhaust on the IS200. Initially symptoms are that the engine won't rev high.

Random misfire errors are sometimes due to faulty fuel injectors.

Hi colin

after swapping coils over to new ones the codes come back, the p0420 code is pending and the p0302, p0303 and p0305 are back which is making me feel like it could be the injectors as definately it isnt the plugs or coils. although now the car has a stuttering misfire, revs bounce between 500 and 750 every few seconds :( and the misfire gets worse on lpg but the misfire is still present on petrol so it isnt the lpg system.