Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure if this sounds daft.

My LS430 is sorted, new brakes, tyres, radiator, tracking, cambelt, LPG, stainless exhaust, intake, everything works, LEDs everywhere...

There is is a couple of things I'd like to change however, - it's not really my colour, - silver, personally I really like the grey.  Secondly, the interior wood has been painted in BMW satin black - so I have an all-black interior,, - which looks good and the guy who done it before I brought it done a good job, - but I'd prefer the original wood effect.

I'm thinking of getting a full respray in grey.  I could wrap it, - but from what I can gather, the cost will be similar.

Given the age of the car, and the value, - is this just money down the drain?  The front bumper is full of stone chips anyway,..

I full respray would make the car look lovely and would increase the resale value, - however, I am not intending on selling it anytime soon... - so if i'm going to keep it a while, (trying to justify it to myself).

What do you reckon?  Any advise on getting a full respray?  I understand the price can vary a lot... - given the age of the car, - maybe it's not worth spending a fortune..? 

The car's done 127k, - so i'm presuming there's many years of life left in her yet.. (??)

Penny for your thoughts!  - Just wondering if i'm wasting my money!

Obviously the cost of a respray will never be got back by re-selling, but if you intend to keep it for a long time why not? Why don't you drive down to West Sussex and see a friend of mine who has a car body business, he does a great job!

7 hours ago, PJD said:

is this just money down the drain?

If it were mine & based on what I've read on here, if it were possible, would spend the money on on changing the air suspension to the LS 400 suspension, I 'think' I read somewhere on here that could be done but I might have gotten it wrong

Hi Phil

This is very much a personal thing - you obviously look after your cars and it appears you have invested money in it to bring it upto your standard.

I would go ahead and get it done - you will be happier with it and the paintwork will be in much better condition when (if) you come to sell I meaning you will have an advantage.

I think the key here is to find a bodyshop which will do a very good job of the respray.

maybe the alternative to a full respray or wrap could be to consider having the existing " detailed " professionally .....  might bring the existing up like new but of course it won't satisfy your need for a complete colour change !

............ which involves lots of challenging places to get to too ......  inside the bulkhead, boot areas, door stops etc.  .....  it ain't gonna be inexpensive that's for sure  :w00t: 

Malc

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Obviously the cost of a respray will never be got back by re-selling, but if you intend to keep it for a long time why not? Why don't you drive down to West Sussex and see a friend of mine who has a car body business, he does a great job!

Always very interested in personal recommendations for obvious reasons, - happy if you want to provide the address I'll see what he has to say... :)

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

If it were mine & based on what I've read on here, if it were possible, would spend the money on on changing the air suspension to the LS 400 suspension, I 'think' I read somewhere on here that could be done but I might have gotten it wrong

I love the current air suspension :)

43 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi Phil

This is very much a personal thing - you obviously look after your cars and it appears you have invested money in it to bring it upto your standard.

I would go ahead and get it done - you will be happier with it and the paintwork will be in much better condition when (if) you come to sell I meaning you will have an advantage.

I think the key here is to find a bodyshop which will do a very good job of the respray.

Logic tells me that if i'm going to get it done, to get something unique.. I've been looking at other greys, and of course I'd like to get a colour that actually suits the car... and I haven't seen anything I like better than the grey the LS430 actually comes in... - but as you say, at least i'll be able to enjoy having the paintwork in amazing condition, probably protect the bumper and mirrors with that clear wrapping stuff too

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

maybe the alternative to a full respray or wrap could be to consider having the existing " detailed " professionally .....  might bring the existing up like new but of course it won't satisfy your need for a complete colour change !

............ which involves lots of challenging places to get to too ......  inside the bulkhead, boot areas, door stops etc.  .....  it ain't gonna be inexpensive that's for sure  :w00t: 

Malc

Hmmmmm - I'll go around and see if I can get some quotes. :) :)

Thanks.  I will give them a call when I get a moment to see what their take is.

I have spoken to a local place, - they said £3k minimum for an outside only paintjob......  probably more like 4.5 - 5k for a more thorough one.

It'll cost about £2.5k to get it wrapped

From a distance my paintwork looks pretty good... - it's just the front bumper which has chips.... - as I say, I'm not overly fussed about the silver itself.. so I dont think a detail would satisfy my urges :)

thanks for the suggestion :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links