Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pagid/Brembo Front Discs

Purchased some new Pagid front discs from euro car parts for the front of the ISF on Monday for £126.50 delivered and look what turned up!  

Having phoned them it turns out that Pagid sell the brembo discs as their own. ISF brakes are unique to the car so brembo are the only ones that make them.  They're massive and quality looks amazing!

Nice bit of info for any anoraks it there!!

Marcus

20180131_184552.jpg

20180131_184358.jpg

20180131_184412.jpg

20180131_184420.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, paul99 said:

Good to know, especially as the Pagid disc's are £10 cheaper on ECP! 

I'd used Pagid discs in the past and had a feeling they might of done this with the ISF so thought I'd order them and see.

The Pagid pads are branded as Pagid but should still be fine!

• Like 1

Don't think you'll find any for the RCF - at least I didn't last time I looked :mellow:
I spoke to EBC and they have pads in development for the rear, can already get fronts. But only in one compound.

They said what takes the time is the tooling to make the backing plates. Compound are easy and backing plate for rear is unique to rc. Fronts same shape as ls460.

Not sure about discs but best I've seen so far are genuine from lexus usa.

Doubt you'll need any for a while.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

[mention=56229]Flytvr[/mention] Ah right thanx for that clearly with Kitt rooted to the drive at the moment....... thanx dvla.... moan.....moan mine aren't going to run down anytime soon [emoji16]
[emoji232]
That's annoying, thought that had all been sorted.

What is you're waiting for exactly that stops you driving? I wasn't aware that could even happen now you can transfer owners online.

[mention=56229]Flytvr[/mention] wont need brakes for years as he has the superlight Carbon version of the Rcf and [mention=57610]Big Rat[/mention] you wont need them either as you never press the bloody brake pedal..........
Throttle at the moment.......

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd reply to this as I had an advisory against my front pads and discs, and thought I'd check ECP if there were any offers on to install in a couple of months.

40% off at the moment.

Qty    Part#    Description    Vehicle       Price
2 104822088 Pagid Brake Disc (Front) Lexus IS 5.0 2010   £85.98
1 101821018 Pagid Brake Pad (Front) Lexus IS 5.0 2010   £70.99
Subtotal £156.97
Discount -£62.80
Delivery Charges ( Standard Delivery (free for orders over £15) ) £0.00
Total (inc VAT): £94.17

Sorry, my mistake, was looking at the brembo prices, which I would personally fit. They often have a 50% discount, and a brembo set up would be approx £232.00 collected. Didn't mean to offend.

2 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Sorry, my mistake, was looking at the Brembo prices, which I would personally fit. They often have a 50% discount, and a Brembo set up would be approx £232.00 collected. Didn't mean to offend.

No problem. If you scroll to the first post, you'll see what happened when op ordered Pagid discs and pads. 

Beware. OP is not accurate. 

Got actual Pagid discs and pads from ECP two years ago, absolute crap. 

Great at first then very quickly burn out and squeek like mad. 

Replaced them with genuine brembo, again from ecp 2 months ago, only £40 extra all in and got them on 1/3rd off deal which seems to always be in. 

13 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Beware. OP is not accurate. 

Got actual Pagid discs and pads from ECP two years ago, absolute crap. 

Great at first then very quickly burn out and squeek like mad. 

Replaced them with genuine Brembo, again from ecp 2 months ago, only £40 extra all in and got them on 1/3rd off deal which seems to always be in. 

That's interesting to know. Were the pagid discs branded as brembo?

23 hours ago, d3ron said:

That's interesting to know. Were the pagid discs branded as Brembo?

Nope!

I bought them on the strength of this original post thinking I'd get full brembo set up from ecp for £50 cheaper than a full brembo set up costs from ecp. Had them delivered to my local indy and when I went to collect the car, there they were, Pagid branded. 

Worked a treat for 10k miles or so then went to pot, loads of noise and fadey as hell. 

Back on genuine brembo now 😁

I went with Pagid discs and pads up front and Pagid pads with brembo discs on back as Pagid dont make rear discs for our cars yet. 

Only 2000 miles on them so far so still biting nicely.

It was because ECP were doing the usuall weekend deal, I payed £55 for both front discs and all pads were £42, rear brembo discs were £86 each.

I will be fitting 2 piece rotors sometime next year before these discs are ready for replacement so I may avoid the noisy and crap performance phase.