Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks. Last couple of weeks I have been flashed at by other drivers. This is happening regularly when driving in the dark and today alone I was flashed around 6 times on my way home from work. I have checked the lights and they look fine to me. Main beam is not on just normal dipped lights. Front fogs are not on. Being the GS Premier I assume they are Xenons of some kind and are definitely adaptive lights. Are these lights really that dazzling to other drivers?? Weird I have so many people taking issue lately. Starting to think I'm going mad. This is a daily thing.

I don't usually like using main beam at all: at the speeds I drive there is plenty of illumination from dipped beam and it's tiresome to continually switch between them. However, in the GS I have been forced to start using main beam on quiet roads just to stop other morons from flashing me when they encounter me for the first time. If they can see I have 'dipped' first then I am never flashed. However, I am regularly flashed if I stick to dipped all the way.  

It would be nice if someone could teach these idiots to focus on the kerbside ahead, like I was taught when learning to drive in the dark, instead of just staring dumbly straight into the lights of oncoming traffic and wondering why they can't see anything...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gareth1902 said:

Hi folks. Last couple of weeks I have been flashed at by other drivers. This is happening regularly when driving in the dark and today alone I was flashed around 6 times on my way home from work. I have checked the lights and they look fine to me. Main beam is not on just normal dipped lights. Front fogs are not on. Being the GS Premier I assume they are Xenons of some kind and are definitely adaptive lights. Are these lights really that dazzling to other drivers?? Weird I have so many people taking issue lately. Starting to think I'm going mad. This is a daily thing.

I see you have the GS450h Premier.

Those came with LED headlights which are bright. 

My RX has the LED headlights too and yes, always seem to get flashed. Ive resorted to flashing back - it literally blinds them and had one guy just stop on his side of the road when I flashed. Or sometimes I just keep the High beam on until they see me and then turn them off so they know that Im on dipped beam

Its the aging population and cataracts tbh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links