Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got my is250 booked in  kwik fit for Monday in Barking only £25. Mine expires 13 Feb but always get it done sooner.its cheapest one I found 

Last couple of yrs been buying Groupon voucher for £19 but this yr that company pulled out. 

I'm always wary of cheap mot prices.  My opinion is that they look that much harder for something to get you to part with more cash....not speaking from experience, just my opinion.

I've used the same tyre establishment for both my tyres and mots for the last 12 years and I think we have built up a trusting rapport.  He charges me £40 for mot and I'm happy with that.  The proprietor Stuart and I have a great relationship built up over the years and I prefer that arrangement to shopping around for a cheap mot.

Hope your IS sails through Iftikhar, good luck.

I go to a MOT only place, not cheap, last year £47, been using them for about 15 years.  The thing I like about them is they have no reason to fail the car as they do not do any repairs. They only do MOT's. Other establishments I've used in the past were more prone to failing the car to generate business, dealerships being the worst offenders. If you find an honest garage stick with them.

All the best.

Halfords are the worst. They offer cheap online MOT bookings for less than 30 notes.

They will fail the car on the slightest thing and then persuade you to book it in with them for repair.

They once failed mine on front brake pads below limit when I know for a fact there was plenty of life in them as I fitted a new set myself 6 months earlier. 

Been using my local garage for the last 20 years,and have no reason to go elsewhere,they currently charge £54.85p or something like that which I don't mind paying as they do a good job, in the past have tended to stay away from places that offer cheap mot's eg Halfords,quick fit,in and out etc as they tend to find any excuse to fail your car( I consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about cars) and you spending money to sort it out when it didn't actually need the work doing in the first place 

Had my is220d done using Groupon voucher and then is250 from same garage for £19 passed both time not even advisory but if there is nothing wrong with car can't see them failing it.shame not on Groupon anymore this company called platinum in Hornchurch.

my indy mechanic takes my cars to his local MOT station and stays there with the car during the process.

He can immediately fix anything that is easy to do there and then or take it back to his garage and do the repair and return in the x days allowed for a free re-test. I get charged the full £55 which includes my indy's time with the car at the actual MOT.

My cars sometimes fail, usually Pass and if likely  Advisories, he can actually argue the toss with the Tester at the time........ but whatever, he can see exactly what the issues are and the needs for the next MOT ............. or before.

It suits me well........  and I have my full trust in him .......  now the 11th year.

Malc

7 minutes ago, Malc said:

my indy mechanic takes my cars to his local MOT station and stays there with the car during the process.

He can immediately fix anything that is easy to do there and then or take it back to his garage and do the repair and return in the x days allowed for a free re-test. I get charged the full £55 which includes my indy's time with the car at the actual MOT.

My cars sometimes fail, usually Pass and if likely  Advisories, he can actually argue the toss with the Tester at the time........ but whatever, he can see exactly what the issues are and the needs for the next MOT ............. or before.

It suits me well........  and I have my full trust in him .......  now the 11th year.

Malc

Mine goes in on Tues 8am.

Just got mot from kwik fit today and it's passed only thing needed was headlights adjusted were too high cost extra £10. Mot tester said some garages don't even test alignment of lights as obviously last yr they didn't even bother check alignments.

Guest bigbullhead

Talking of which i had my airbag done and given a clean bill of health but all my calipers were seized then and they never bothered to tell even though I knew,not sure why they would do that maybe as it’s 124000 miles and an 06 they did not want the hassle?

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

Hmm...did you actually see them remove the front engine room cover to adjust the lights? It's a rather tortuous business on the IS.

If you now have any clips missing then they probably did actually touch the covers!!! 

Paul m.