Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'F' Car 10 Year Anniversary Meet

Big Rat

To all fired off an email to Tim at Lexus Cheltenham yesterday with all the point you've raised regarding times parking etc will report back as soon as I receive a reply.

Big Rat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Various Facebook group events setup for the following groups:

Lexus Fanatics UK (LFUK)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/551908041656635/

Lexus IS250/350/ISF Owners page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/454819484634626/

Lexus IS F Owners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LexusISF/

Lexus ISF Owners Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1701231896796151/

Lex Nation
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LexNation/

Should encourage a few more cars to come out the woodwork.
If anyone else can help spread the word, please do!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

Hi guys is this an F meet or other models under the marque can come too? #gooseberry

All cars will be welcome, it is the 10th Anniversary of the "F" car.

• Like 4

'F' Car 10 Year Meet Major Changes 

Well had a long chat with Tim Huxley and his team at Cheltenham and due to circumstances beyond there control major changes have to be made. The two main reasons for the changes are firstly the huge unexpected numbers for such a small venue which will lead to both traffic and parking issues which clearly none of us want.

And secondly on the chosen dates the now unavailability of the Lfa for the two days, it's a vehicle in high demand that has to be shared both in the Uk and Europe and Tim feels to just have it as a static display with the occasional start up defeats the object somewhat So plans are being prepared for the following.........  

The published dates of the 21st/22nd will become one day not known which as yet at Cheltenham Lexus as a purely Toyota performance car day of vehicles past and present with open house to workshops on site parking food drink and so on and all are wellcome. As and when I know more I will update as soon as.

So as regards the 'F' car event this will be held off site at an as yet undecided location but will have much added interest that would have not been possible at the dealership. This will be held some time in May or June over one day, the venues that they have access to are 2 Hill climb sites which have many facilities and an airfield storage site that has a permission to use dragstrip.

The drag strip and or hillclimb will be available to use subject to instructional presence which will be provided, there will also be a much larger number of 'F' cars available to drive test Rcf Gsf Lc and so on, all Owners club members and families are welcome.

I can assure all that every effort is being made by Tim and his guy's to come up with the right mix of things to participate in so we can all get the maximum amount of enjoyment from whatever is decided upon.

Big Rat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks again for helping organise this & new format sounds good. Just hope it doesn’t clash with some key dates in those months & I can still make it 🤞

• Like 1

Paul, it sounds like it's going to be an Epic day... I'd love to get to the Toyota day at Cheltenham as well, but that just isn't going to work. I'd like to echo the vote of thanks to  you on this.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for me Mrs Rat has dictated that I take her to Australia/Singapore for a month last week in May first 3 weeks in June.....

I know it's her 50th blah blah....... you promised blah blah......... it's only a car 😳😳😳😳😳😳What did you say only a........😂

Big Rat

Ah, shame to hear this but I'm hopeful it will result in an an even better day!
I've cancelled all the FB events I created. I'm sure if they want to know why they can come here to find out more.

• Thanks 1

Hey Big Rat!

Ta for all your efforts on this. I'll be there no matter what.

Let us know once you know about the 21st/22nd, it woul be great to see those that can still make it again.

Who needs a stupid LFA when you've got an ISF with the Actuator hose unplugged!

#whocaresaboutheatsoak

• Like 1

Any update here, regarding the Toyota performance car day at Cheltenham 

Is it going ahead and if so, which day, 21st or 22nd?

(Need to know if I have to organise breaky for Saturday or Sunday :wink3: )

• Like 1

That's a shame but actually makes me feel a little better...

Damaged my wrist, just back from doc's and off to the X-ray dept. Driving is exceptionally painful and potentially dangerous! :wacko:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

That's a shame but actually makes me feel a little better...

Damaged my wrist, just back from doc's and off to the X-ray dept. Driving is exceptionally painful and potentially dangerous! :wacko:

Get well soon Peter. :blink: