Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'F' Car 10 Year Anniversary Meet

Big Rat

So ‘tonite’ has passed....... yawn..... I waited and waited......bit like waiting for Santa......I’m losing the will to live over this.......

I know Lexus like to do things properly and that takes time......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So I’ve decided on behalf of us all to plonk my self in reception and I’m not moving till I get a result......

BFB7FDB1-8BE0-44BB-9829-A6BB822C8532.jpeg.409ea7dc0da3d43a6dc47a1f66212c5d.jpeg

Big Rat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hello chaps. New to Lexus. New to F cars. Also new to forums...

...However I do have 40 years experience of banter and I love cars, so it seems from taking a look at the various threads that I'm in good company!

I take delivery of my RCF-Carbon on the 17th May, on the 18th I'm driving it to Spa-Francorchamps for the Classic weekend for my dads 70th, so hopefully (although probably not for you guys as you seem to have been waiting for a confirmation on the date of this meet for decades) the date will be after I get back from Spa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

hmmmm...but i was expecting kudos, awe and respect???

Congrats Tom, I personally LOVE carbon! :yahoo::thumbup1:

Have lashings of it all over my IS-F, so nice to hear of another F owner getting involved with the good stuff! :wink3:

As you can imagine, Lexus owners cover quite a broad demographic, so don't be put off by the 1980 AA road map, tin of boiled sweets, travel rug and driving gloves brigade! :boxing:

There are some younger owners who actually enjoy modifying their cars (not many I know!), so please let me know if you need any help sourcing any parts from the States.

I spend a lot of time over there, and have good relations with Simon and Rafi at RR-Racing.

It's a good forum with plenty of fun and enjoyment to be had (mostly at Big Rat!), hope you enjoy your new toy mate.

Cheers,

Pete :thumbup1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

What’s wrong with a tin of boiled sweets??

(in fact, why have Lexus stopped putting one in the car after a service? Must remember to ask them!!)

If it's just the tin of boiled sweets Stuart, nothing whatsoever. :wink3:

If you can say yes to 3 or more, that's when I have some concerns! :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was wondering if there was a whiff of thhe travel rug and driving glove around the place...kind of hoping that the 'F Club' might have less of that...is it too early to invoke Alan Partridge and the plural of Lexus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Congrats Tom, I personally LOVE carbon! :yahoo::thumbup1:

Have lashings of it all over my IS-F, so nice to hear of another F owner getting involved with the good stuff! :wink3:

As you can imagine, Lexus owners cover quite a broad demographic, so don't be put off by the 1980 AA road map, tin of boiled sweets, travel rug and driving gloves brigade! :boxing:

There are some younger owners who actually enjoy modifying their cars (not many I know!), so please let me know if you need any help sourcing any parts from the States.

I spend a lot of time over there, and have good relations with Simon and Rafi at RR-Racing.

It's a good forum with plenty of fun and enjoyment to be had (mostly at Big Rat!), hope you enjoy your new toy mate.

Cheers,

Pete :thumbup1:

Thanks Pete, i'll keep it stock for a while - is the states the best source of Lexus mods / parts then? not Japan?

One thing I am almost certainly going to do is wrap the bonnet in a match to the silver...either that or wrap the rest of the car to a dark grey / to match the bonnet roof and spoiler. Paint work protected AND it will be slightly less ostentatious

• Like 1

Good for you Tom.

Yes, whilst you can source parts from Japan, I find it generally easier and less expensive to buy from the States. They have a much bigger tuning scene than we do over here (obviously), so you should check out the Club Lexus forum and sign yourself up. :thumbup1:

Seen a few really nice modified RC-F's, some of which are running the supercharger kit I have on my IS-F.

Even if you don't want to go crazy with mods, they do some nice subtle pieces that would help make your car even more unique and individual (something I personally like).

I actually toned down by carbon bonnet by painting the majority of it, and left the vents in carbon (with an extra coat of clear to protect the weave).

Given yours was a factory option, I say leave well alone and enjoy! :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Thanks Pete, i'll keep it stock for a while - is the states the best source of Lexus mods / parts then? not Japan?

One thing I am almost certainly going to do is wrap the bonnet in a match to the silver...either that or wrap the rest of the car to a dark grey / to match the bonnet roof and spoiler. Paint work protected AND it will be slightly less ostentatious

Can I ask, why did you buy the Carbon if you are going to cover it up?

• Like 1

Because it is a little lighter (admittedly made slightly less light due to the vinyl i'm going to stick on it!) and the car could do with being a little lighter...it comes with the TVD...the levinson hifi and i think the roof and wing in the carbon look coooooooool...I also like the interior tweaks

On a more practical note - it also came up (which is quite rare) and has only covered 8,000 miles (since 2015).

• Like 1