Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'F' Car 10 Year Anniversary Meet

Big Rat

3 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

I was wondering if there was a whiff of thhe travel rug and driving glove around the place...kind of hoping that the 'F Club' might have less of that...is it too early to invoke Alan Partridge and the plural of Lexus?

@tomRCFcarbonNah mate there are some odd ones on here.......best to avoid...... especially the builder types.......:whistling1:

🐀

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@tomRCFcarbon Hi Tom and welcome to the........ do we do banter on here...... I hadn't realised.......anyway more importantly is this your new ride.......a little dickie bird told me it maybe........:whistling1:

IMG_0796.thumb.JPG.fb22652cbda69974ccadd62796969635.JPG

Big Rat

Hmmmn...yep, admittedly 8,000 quite hard miles - still, its had 2.5 years to recuperate!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@tomRCFcarbonTom if it was a German car one or two I could mention I'd be concerned, but not a Lexus...... of course all of us on here don't take our cars passed 3600 revs any way........ do we :yahoo:

🐀

So one of the other users thinks you might have some inside knowledge of the car...any thoughts you can share?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

So one of the other users thinks you might have some inside knowledge of the car...any thoughts you can share?

You might find this thread interesting.

17 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

@tomRCFcarbonCongrats on the new new car! Did you look at any other RCF's( in particular other colours) before you decided to buy this one? 

I looked at a few but also looking at some competitor V8s from more Teutonic nations. I was after a Carbon and seemingly not many come up. I wanted low miles and to buy through a Lexus centre and get a warranty.  Black or dark grey would have been my preference, but I figured I could get it wrapped. First job after the road trip to Spa is to go to a local wrapping company and compare their colours to the paintwork. I think it’s a bit of a no-brained as it protects the paintwork and tones the two-tone down a bit. Having worked with vinyl on signage etc for years it won’t add much weight either. 

10 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Hmmmn...yep, admittedly 8,000 quite hard miles - still, its had 2.5 years to recuperate!

The car's only doing what it was built to do!

Nothing more sad than a thoroughbread being hobbled and kept in the stable ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning, gents! 

What do you say of a short road trip this long weekend? Somewhere in Wales or anywhere it’s convenient for everyone?

1 hour ago, Cezar B said:

Morning, gents! 

What do you say of a short road trip this long weekend? Somewhere in Wales or anywhere it’s convenient for everyone?

When you meet, do WAGs normally join? 

Have you ever organised any meets at the lawn outside the Fairmile in Cobham? (2mins from A3 turnoff of the m25 - and full disclosure 10mins from my house!). 

They have all kinds of owners clubs there - Subaru, Porsche, American classic owners, BMW M. 

In lieu of the 10 yr anniversary- it might be an okay location for a non-official meet. 

• Like 2

That’s a great idea, @tomRCFcarbon!

We should organise some meetings. I was in the MX5 Owners Club and they had one each week. It’s a load of fun and it’s a great opportunity to make new friends! :yes:

21 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

One thing I am almost certainly going to do is wrap the bonnet in a match to the silver...either that or wrap the rest of the car to a dark grey / to match the bonnet roof and spoiler.

Can you do it all in British Racing Green, or Jaguar racing green please. I'd love to see what it looks like

To all I now have confirmation of the events for the Weekend of 12/13 th May 2018.

This is firstly at Lexus Cheltenham both days starting at 9am on the Saturday and 10 am on the Sunday  to celebrate the release of the Toyota Yaris GRMN and GT 86 2018.

There  will be many Toyota cars past and present at the dealership along with light refreshments laid on.

There will also be the opportunity to road test various models, parking is available on site.

Now On the Sunday as well as the dealership event there is a classic car event taking place at the Prescott Hill climb in Gloucester full details on their website.

Lexus Cheltenham are participating in this event and will be bring LC and RCF cars to the event as well as other Toyota performance cars from the past.

The Lfa is not at this event.

The RCF is hopefully going to have it’s Quicksilver exhaust fitted in time for the event.

I believe this, the Sunday would be an ideal opportunity for many of us to meet up if you can make it.

This I hasten to add is NOT the 10 year ‘F’ event this is still in planning and scheduled for some time in July.

Big Rat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Peter said:

I live in W5 so not far away from NW :yes:

That’s not far. I live near junction 18 on the M25, Rickmansworth