Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'F' Car 10 Year Anniversary Meet

Big Rat

I have some more news on this no firm date as yet but it is going to be most probably the latter part of April, as regards location it has not yet been decided but will either be Coventry or Cheltenham.

There will be a full range of 'F' cars and LC as well as most likely 'F' sport vehicles.

One of the reasons for the uncertainties of the date is that they are trying to secure anniversary models of Gsf and Rcf which would be great.

Now one major plus for us is that Tim Huxley the Dealer Principal at Lexus Cheltenham has secured the attendance of one of the LFA's , now they are usually in attendance at events as a static display but he will have the keys so at the very least we can all drool and dribble at THAT noise.

Just as soon as I get more detailed information for date and location I will post it up.

Big Rat

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

58 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I have some more news on this no firm date as yet but it is going to be most probably the latter part of April, as regards location it has not yet been decided but will either be Coventry or Cheltenham.

There will be a full range of 'F' cars and LC as well as most likely 'F' sport vehicles.

One of the reasons for the uncertainties of the date is that they are trying to secure anniversary models of Gsf and Rcf which would be great.

Now one major plus for us is that Tim Huxley the Dealer Principal at Lexus Cheltenham has secured the attendance of one of the LFA's , now they are usually in attendance at events as a static display but he will have the keys so at the very least we can all drool and dribble at THAT noise.

Just as soon as I get more detailed information for date and location I will post it up.

Big Rat

I'd certainly be up for this, more notice of dates the better though to get the wife primed!

Coventry is a little more central than Cheltenham also so may be a bit more accessible for people having to travel

Marcus

• Like 3

Sod it i'll drive down just to hear an LFA in front of me. :biggrin:

Seriously though if the dates suit my work rota I'd be up for it.

Just checked im off from 13th April for 3 weeks.

• Like 2

I'd likely drag myself along to this, even though I drive a lowly F-Sport and Battery version at that!!

To compound my sins, I'll admit to not really liking the LFA, except for the glorious exhaust song, the rest doesn't grab me.

Now, the LC, that's a different kettle of fish :yahoo:

• Like 1

On 02/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

An LFA? i will be there... I didn't even realise there were anniversary models of the RCF and GSF. Anyone know what the differences are???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

I see it has a proper difuser to and those little winglets on the front bumper.

Copyright "winglets" immediately! :yes:

In the world of sticking any possible spoiler type thing on your car I believe they are called 'Canards'. Bonus points to anyone who sticks a duck (preferably French) on their front bumper and posts a photo.

P.S. Diffusers are for winners! Get one!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

P.S. Diffusers are for winners! Get one!

It's probably my number one thing to do. 

I think motogp beat us to winglets. In my view cannards are movable control surfaces but I'm not sure how strict the definition is. As long as people know what you're talking about I don;t think names matter - it's more important to know what it does - in the case of this RC-F I suspect it's main job is to look :cool:

59 minutes ago, Comedian said:

It's probably my number one thing to do. 

I think motogp beat us to winglets. In my view cannards are movable control surfaces but I'm not sure how strict the definition is. As long as people know what you're talking about I don;t think names matter - it's more important to know what it does - in the case of this RC-F I suspect it's main job is to look :cool:

Yes mate! Cool factor only I  for the RCF in this case unless Lexus are getting very techie without our knowledge.

I'm gonna try the duck option and see if it works! Quack!!