Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus ... hopefully

nsxer

Hi

Just put a holding deposit on a used GS300h F Sport today so heading over to dealers next week to view and drive the car prior to finalising deal all being well. Don't want to say too much about the car till secured but so far communication and detail from the Lexus dealer has been 100%

Hopefully be a new Lexus owner by end of the month and will make use of these boards and hopefully get to know some community members etc.

I am a long time Honda customer and will remain so as I still have a couple of their toys in my garage, but unfortunately due to Honda UK being managed by morons they refused to bring the Accord to these Islands to much annoyance and disappointment I have opted for a GS. Been a long time admirer of the Lexus brand regardless of biased U.K. Car mags and reviewers. Japanese cars and manufacturing is hard to beat so looking forward to trying Lexus/Toyota (first time) outside of Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan (prior to Renault involvement).

more updates soon ...

• Like 1

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum and well done securing yourself a GS.  Lets see some pic's when you bring it home.

Several of us have come to Lexus after driving Honda's, I'm very pleased to have racked up a years ownership of my GS.

While it's a shame the UK won't see the Accord, isn't the new Civic almost the same size?  Although the yanks get both models, so I don't know why we don't get them.

Hi many thanks for the welcome.

with regards to the new civic, it was on my shortlist for sure. I could have got a 17 car for less than the GS I potentially buy with the right engine size and spec but in the end the civic ain't a Lexus ... and I fancied a change.

the new civic is a great car to drive and would be better than a GS but it's too familiar and hence the leap into this model.

aye there are a few usernames on here I recognise from Honda karma forums 

• Like 1

Welcome to Lexus @nsxer:biggrin:...well, almost!

Honda UK seemed to lose the plot a couple of years ago. It isn't just the lack of a new Accord - no MPV option, no city car, no S2000 replacement...and no hybrid options from a company once in the vanguard of that technology. The CRV is old now, the Jazz nice enough but not reallly competitive - hopefully the Civic will turn their fortunes around.

Good luck with the GS, I hope it works out.

8 hours ago, nsxer said:

Hi

Just put a holding deposit on a used GS300h F Sport today so heading over to dealers next week to view and drive the car prior to finalising deal all being well. Don't want to say too much about the car till secured but so far communication and detail from the Lexus dealer has been 100%

Hopefully be a new Lexus owner by end of the month and will make use of these boards and hopefully get to know some community members etc.

I am a long time Honda customer and will remain so as I still have a couple of their toys in my garage, but unfortunately due to Honda UK being managed by morons they refused to bring the Accord to these Islands to much annoyance and disappointment I have opted for a GS. Been a long time admirer of the Lexus brand regardless of biased U.K. Car mags and reviewers. Japanese cars and manufacturing is hard to beat so looking forward to trying Lexus/Toyota (first time) outside of Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan (prior to Renault involvement).

more updates soon ...

Me too I've always owned , modded, repaired Hondas and since my old Accord 2.4 Type S was written off there were no other saloons I fancied so I bought a 2016 Is300h F sport and I am pleasantly surprised. 

38 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Welcome to Lexus @nsxer:biggrin:...well, almost!

Honda UK seemed to lose the plot a couple of years ago. It isn't just the lack of a new Accord - no MPV option, no city car, no S2000 replacement...and no hybrid options from a company once in the vanguard of that technology. The CRV is old now, the Jazz nice enough but not reallly competitive - hopefully the Civic will turn their fortunes around.

Good luck with the GS, I hope it works out.

Hi mate, I recognise you from HK and I have the same thoughts as you. The new civic is very nice but just fancied a change. I will be selling my trusty CR-v for the GS.

you still enjoying your switch over?

5 hours ago, nsxer said:

Hi mate, I recognise you from HK and I have the same thoughts as you. The new civic is very nice but just fancied a change. I will be selling my trusty CR-v for the GS.

you still enjoying your switch over?

I think I needed a change. I've had a couple of issues with my NX but nothing serious and Lexus customer service has been excellent.

The NX is light years ahead of the current CRV - it shows up just how old it is now and how urgently Honda need to get the new version on sale in the UK.

I've just signed up to the forum and this is the first thread I've clicked on. Feels like a HK reunion! 

I almost contacted you last year to see how much you would need to chauffeur me to my wedding in the NSX but I didn't have the balls to ask in the end :sad: 

Met the dealer and the car today! Hope to pick up the Lexus GS at end of this month so deal in principle done and agreed. Just need to fund the remainder of balance owed. Full details on when I pick up the car (tempting fate)!

All information supplied by dealer was pretty accurate and they appear a decent bunch of guys. Very accommodating.

• Like 1

No Lexus as of yet but I am tempted.

I'm still in love with the CL9 so I'm trying to figure out if an IS300 is a big enough step up to justify spending the money.

Lexus seems like the only obvious direction to go as I could never bring myself to go German.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the GS, I'd love one but I don't think I could convince the wife to go for something so big.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, nsxer said:

Met the dealer and the car today! Hope to pick up the Lexus GS at end of this month so deal in principle done and agreed. Just need to fund the remainder of balance owed. Full details on when I pick up the car (tempting fate)!

All information supplied by dealer was pretty accurate and they appear a decent bunch of guys. Very accommodating.

Welcome and good luck with your purchase. Sounds like a nice car. I like the GS. Different kind of car to a Honda. Had a 2005 Accord 2.4 Executive back in 2005, a very nice car and a peach of an engine. Never tired of the VTEC kicking in and the noise it made. Let us know all about your new car once you get it.

Yes going to be a change from Honda engines vtec or idtec for sure. But looking forward to it. The car will be mainly used by the wife (hope she likes). We are replacing the CR-V with the GS and she was worried about the size of it when first purchased so I am sure that initial feeling will be with her for a couple of days till used to it.

i could not even bring myself to purchase anything German. They don't interest me and all look very similar. I appreciate there is similarity to the 5 series in the GS but there is more to the Lexus than just the exterior look.

german cars are all about high volume sales and the UK market appears to gorge on it without thinking. 

When I buy a car I want quality and reliability and hopefully the Lexus will deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, nsxer said:

Yes going to be a change from Honda engines vtec or idtec for sure. But looking forward to it. The car will be mainly used by the wife (hope she likes). We are replacing the CR-V with the GS and she was worried about the size of it when first purchased so I am sure that initial feeling will be with her for a couple of days till used to it.

i could not even bring myself to purchase anything German. They don't interest me and all look very similar. I appreciate there is similarity to the 5 series in the GS but there is more to the Lexus than just the exterior look.

german cars are all about high volume sales and the UK market appears to gorge on it without thinking. 

When I buy a car I want quality and reliability and hopefully the Lexus will deliver.

Your GS should give you this I think. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new purchase after a while

• 2 months later...

have not forgot about posting pics of my 1st lexus

car is currently away getting full detail and cermaic coating applied

once back i will get pics up

have to say really enjoying the GS experience. it certainly is a nice place to sit and have a relaxing drive. even though the car has decent handling capability you dont feel the need to push on as much i find.

i am not so sure IF I would feel this way if i did not have my NSX or my motorbike in the garage in order to have some proper fun but so far so good ownership is nice and i really like the car even though the cvt gb in terms of driver focused driving lets you down but then the car is not for that.