Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h 100k mile service

Took my wife's 2011 RX 450H into Lexus Hull yesterday for its 100 K service the car has done 110 K although I can't quite remember why we didn't do the 100K service last time. Anyway got a nice surprise when I went to swap some gear over from her car to the courtesy car, there was a white CT 200 parked outside and I'd picked up a key fob assuming the CT would open up, however nothing happened but I did notice further down the line a white RX 450 F sport on a 67 plate opening up which was a nice start to my day. It seems from a dealer there's been a few high mileage RXs in this week none of them with any real issues. The service was a little pricey at £645, some additional expense at the 100k service is with the change of the coolant I believe.

Looking back now over the four years we have had a car I can see we have spent around £3600 on maintenance this includes new tyres, brakes and so on. There has also an additional spend of £1000 on a two year warranty I guess given that our period of ownership has now covered 40,000 miles that that's probably a period when you can expect some significant bills in terms of things going wrong or needing replacing on the car so for me that's not an amount I am unhappy with. When I factor in my wife's car allowance she receives from work plus the benefit in kind saving coupled with the fact that the vehicle is so nice to drive we are pretty happy and I guess for anyone looking to purchase one of these cars secondhand this might give you a decent indication of what the running costs are likely to be.

My wife's intention is to keep the car for as long as possible I guess the next decision at the end of the warranty will be to whether we remain within the dealer network or get servicing done more locally at somewhere independent.

Naturally I was impressed with the courtesy car and some colleagues from work who I met met up with were particularly impressed with the looks. It did drive and ride a bit better than my wife's car but then you expect that for an almost new vehicle. However,  I'm not really sure but I'd be willing to stump up for the difference between the value of her car and the new model.
  • Like 1

Seems pretty steep to me.  I have spent about £1,500 over 41/2 years on my RX350 including brakes pads and a new set of tyres all round.  Servicing at my local garage is about £200.  We haven't got to 100,000 yet so I haven't changed the plugs which will be an expensive one due both to the cost of the plugs and the inaccessibility of the back 3 cylinders.  We don't do as much mileage as you as we don't use the car for about 5 months of the year when we are away.  So far the only failures have been the headlight levelling sensor on the rear suspension that I replaced my self for about £85.

Yes I have used Hull for 15 years as it’s my hometown and I take the opportunity to visit family and friends and I have had really great service from the team and got to know them very well. It’s always a pleasure to visit them, so much so that I don’t even mind paying the bill!

Was talking to them yesterday about borrowing their LC500 next time I’m over there which they seemed ok with.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, katabrontes said:

Seems pretty steep to me.  I have spent about £1,500 over 41/2 years on my RX350 including brakes pads and a new set of tyres all round.  Servicing at my local garage is about £200.  We haven't got to 100,000 yet so I haven't changed the plugs which will be an expensive one due both to the cost of the plugs and the inaccessibility of the back 3 cylinders.  We don't do as much mileage as you as we don't use the car for about 5 months of the year when we are away.  So far the only failures have been the headlight levelling sensor on the rear suspension that I replaced my self for about £85.

Agree it could be done for less, as I said the company car allowance and tax savings make it more tenable. Once the warranty expires and as the car gets even older with even higher mileage then it will make more financial sense to look for independent servicing, I have a very good local mechanic on my doorstep who looks after my LS400 who will probably take over the maintenance.   

He doesn't make nice coffee or leave a tin of Lexus mints in the glovebox but the cost savings will be worth it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links