Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner introduction

Afternoon everyone!

I'd like to finally introduce myself, my name is Charlie I'm 21 from Newcastle under Lyme. on Wednesday the 31st of January I purchased an absolutely perfect example of an ISF from Lexus Liverpool in Bootle, its a 2008 Starfire pearl with just 38k miles. I was trying to wait until I had actually collected the car which was supposed to be yesterday morning but due a "technical difficulty" an invoice could not be produced for some bizarre reasons but I understood that these things can and do happen. 

The situation has since been resolved with Lexus apologizing for the inconvenience and delay and have offered to put me in the misses up in formby hotel and spa for the night prior to collection with lifts arranged both from the trains station to the hotel and the hotel back to lexus, they have also promised a 1st class showroom experience so I'm eager to see what awaits. I'm absolutely thrilled by the experience I've had with Lexus and can not wait to pick the car up on Tuesday morning. (Bar the mess around with pieces of paper).

I've been a member of the forum for about 4 years now but on the IS200 side so it's a fair upgrade but I just couldn't bring myself to part with the IS so I'm keeping it for just a daily.

I really can't wait to meet all my fellow Lexus members at future events and just chatting on the forums! 

I don't really have any photos of the car yet, I used my eyes on the day and I thought I'd be driving away in it in 2 days time but have an advert shot or 2!😁

Thanks

Screenshot_20180203-135825.png

Screenshot_20180203-152259.png

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Beautiful car!  Welcome to the crazy world of F ownership 😀

Thanks buddy! I can't wait to pick it up! 

6 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Welcome to the ‘F’ club Charlie, car looks very nice. Get some pics up when you get her home. Few big events coming up this year. Keep your eye on the Forum for more details. 

Matt

That's just Matt! I feel privileged to own an F! I most certainly will man! The wait is real for me it's killing me!😂 I saw the 10th anniversary F meet and I'm mega Interested I'm going to get check it out now!

Thankyou 😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EvoStevo said:

Charlie hope you enjoy your new car. I owned it for 5 and a bit years. Was my absolute pride and joy. Better than any car I owned before it.

I'm glad to hear that the previous owner was a forum owner! I shall be holding on to her for many years to come until I get a GS-F..maybe😉

@ThebigC Welcome on board Charlie she's a beauty, and we all know you are going to love her, there are as @Flytvrmentioned a few odd characters on here...... but who they are will become self evident in time.

The most important thing is you are a getting a previously pampered one 😁

🐀

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ThebigC Welcome on board Charlie she's a beauty, and we all know you are going to love her, there are as @Flytvrmentioned a few odd characters on here...... but who they are will become self evident in time.

The most important thing is you are a getting a previously pampered one 😁

🐀

Thanks @Big Rat as you know I've been after one for a while so I'm itching to collect it! I think I'll fit in quite well judging by what I've seen so far 😉.

Credit to its previous keepers!

Thanks

C

• Like 1

@ThebigC Good man, yes I know what you mean sleepless nite before the pick up all part of the fun, oh and the roundabout indirect route home as well 😏

Glad you got there in the end.

And as always pictures pictures or it never happed.  :yahoo:

🐀

19 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ThebigC Good man, yes I know what you mean sleepless nite before the pick up all part of the fun, oh and the roundabout indirect route home as well 😏

Glad you got there in the end.

And as always pictures pictures or it never happed.  :yahoo:

🐀

@Big Rat it really was Thursday night I was proper gutted to be told I couldn't collect Friday morning. But we got it sorted in the end! I'll have plenty of pictures for you boys don't worry!

On a side note did anyone have the Gen3 paint protection done by lexus? 

• Thanks 1

Lovely car. And the odd characters have already posted above here :D

I'd never let a dealer apply or sell me paint protection. But each to their own. Doesn't affect how fast it goes :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Lovely car. And the odd characters have already posted above here :D

I'd never let a dealer apply or sell me paint protection. But each to their own. Doesn't affect how fast it goes :D

Well it's not done by Lexus per say they have Gen3 come out and apply it to the vehicle themselves@Comedian. I got suckered into anyway when he said it would protect my baby I was sold 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ThebigC Charlie my car paint body knowledge is legendary on here...... ok maybe not anyway I'm very soon to have some expert tuition as a new owner of a black car now I'll have to change my ways 🤗

🐀

Congrats on the new car @Big Rat and a happy belated birthday! I've just seen your post! Did they offer you the Gen3 package with your RCF?

• Thanks 1

@ThebigC Thanx Charlie they did but as I mentioned car detailing has never been my thing, I'm fastidious about maintenance but a bit of a bucket wash and micro cloth dry man.

Ive realised that there are a few on here well more than a few and I'm going to get some advice from them so I can do stuff myself 👍

🐀

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome looks like a little beauty you've bought there. Is the gen 3 business ceramic coating if so I had a well known detailer do mine and it's the best thing I've ever had on any car I've owned make cleaning loads easier nothing seems to stick to it.

• Like 2

Well it's not done by Lexus per say they have Gen3 come out and apply it to the vehicle themselves

That's reassuring :) should be good then.

@paul99 @emjay82 @NothernDan thanks for your kind words! Can't wait to get involved with fellow F members at meets!

@Nick W858 @Northern isf @Warrington guy thanks guys! Obviously we all had great taste 😉

Really means alot coming from F Members! 

C

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Congrats and welcome looks like a little beauty you've bought there. Is the gen 3 business ceramic coating if so I had a well known detailer do mine and it's the best thing I've ever had on any car I've owned make cleaning loads easier nothing seems to stick to it.

@Northern isf Yes it is the Ceramic paint coating, its the only one approved for Boeing aircraft and a similar formula to what NASA use of spaceship's. 

That's brilliant to hear! Atleast it actually works rather than another way to get extra coin! How long have you had yours on for buddy? 

14 hours ago, Northern isf said:

@Northern isf Yes it is the Ceramic paint coating, its the only one approved for Boeing aircraft and a similar formula to what NASA use of spaceship's. 

That's brilliant to hear! Atleast it actually works rather than another way to get extra coin! How long have you had yours on for buddy?