Recommended Posts

Its softer suspension is better by a mile (not driven a 10plate+ F so dont know how it compares to the later Fs). Beacuse it has the supercharger it feels rapid 0-60.. its might have similar 0-60 as the F, but it feels alot quicker. Sounded awesome too. Throw a £1000 at it and you get another 50bhp & 100torque (aprox) and exhaust work.

I loved it and would buy one again. What bought me back to the F was maintainance cost and reliability tbh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

On 05/02/2018 at 10:08 PM, Flytvr said:

Great story and credit to Lexus Liverpool.

When I picked up my F from Lexus Stoke I noticed a lack of fuel in the car. The salesman said “There’s a supermarket not too far away and you can get fuel there”. Quality 

Yep, sounds familiar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Charlie, I’m sure your be over the moon with your purchase for many years to come, she looks a lovely one too,  hopefully all the colours can make the 10 year anniversary, all the best mate,

Paul

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Womble72 cheers Paul! I'm absolutely in love with it man. I'm proper cautious about driving it everyday so I've got it tucked away until the summer now 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThebigC mines been out today to work, looks like she’s gonna be my daily driver until the weather changes n I can get the Z out the garage, the outback has been comondeared by the wife due to a job change, may possibly buy a small fiesta van or 208 for the work commute 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Womble72 wish I could bring myself to daily it everyday but I'm still super cautious about other drivers and where I park it. People see the car and my age and I just worry about the attention that brings. 

May I suggest an IS200 for a daily run around? Mines still a dream to drive after nearly 4 years and just under 100k that I've covered myself. Brought it of eBay for £750 at the time with 70k on the clock and just passed over 170500 the other day. Never missed abeat.. not the fastest thing but it can shift it has a nice rasp to it when it gets going and it's got all the creature comforts your expect from a Lexus.. dirt cheap too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThebigC said:

@Womble72 wish I could bring myself to daily it everyday but I'm still super cautious about other drivers and where I park it. People see the car and my age and I just worry about the attention that brings. 

May I suggest an IS200 for a daily run around? Mines still a dream to drive after nearly 4 years and just under 100k that I've covered myself. Brought it of eBay for £750 at the time with 70k on the clock and just passed over 170500 the other day. Never missed abeat.. not the fastest thing but it can shift it has a nice rasp to it when it gets going and it's got all the creature comforts your expect from a Lexus.. dirt cheap too

My first Lexus was indeed the IS200 for nearly 3 years, followed by an IS300 aero, then the IS250 se-l.......my favourite is still the IS300 although horrendous on fuel...26 on a run n 17/19 round town, the Subaru is in for head gasket set at the moment n the wife is using my trusty old stead the V70,.......which is fantastic BUT Diesel n fact that I drive into the London low emission zone it’s only time before this gets charged a fortune to pass, I bought a Kawasaki Z1000-sx October 16, what with the house extension taking time it’s done the grand total of 165 miles, so this will be the daily ride when the weather changes, I’m lucky that work is a private car park not accessible to the public and only parked next to by fellow work colleagues, I park WELL away from others if I find that I need to frequent the supermarket BUT in fairness I normally take the V70 or Outback, that uncertainty on parking never goes away, nor does the rear view mirror hoping the person behind stops 😳......they are great cars BUT also to be enjoyed and mine needs to get used a bit more 👍👍

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Womble72 said:

My first Lexus was indeed the IS200 for nearly 3 years, followed by an IS300 aero, then the IS250 se-l.......my favourite is still the IS300 although horrendous on fuel...26 on a run n 17/19 round town, the Subaru is in for head gasket set at the moment n the wife is using my trusty old stead the V70,.......which is fantastic BUT Diesel n fact that I drive into the London low emission zone it’s only time before this gets charged a fortune to pass, I bought a Kawasaki Z1000-sx October 16, what with the house extension taking time it’s done the grand total of 165 miles, so this will be the daily ride when the weather changes, I’m lucky that work is a private car park not accessible to the public and only parked next to by fellow work colleagues, I park WELL away from others if I find that I need to frequent the supermarket BUT in fairness I normally take the V70 or Outback, that uncertainty on parking never goes away, nor does the rear view mirror hoping the person behind stops 😳......they are great cars BUT also to be enjoyed and mine needs to get used a bit more 👍👍

Agreed, a car is to be enjoyed and modern cars can deal with the salt and grime on the roads fine.  My car is a daily driver and never get any bother with it.  I'm 31 and rarely get any attention in it, even with muffler delete.  Car park dings and stuff can easily happen in the summer too so just live a little.

Is this the first big powerful car your have had??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Womble72 yeah my brother has an IS300 sportcross and he loves it too. They are so realiable it's untrue and such a dream to drive..

Yeah I'm aware of that but I think with it been new to me still Im still babying it😂 still see the ISF as an investment personally.. as apposed to buying an M3 and losing money on it from the car lot. I can't wait for some better weather to get it out.

@Jgtcraceryou would be correct in saying that it's my first real powerful car buddy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThebigC said:

@Womble72 cheers Paul! I'm absolutely in love with it man. I'm proper cautious about driving it everyday so I've got it tucked away until the summer now 😎

 

9 hours ago, ThebigC said:

@Womble72 wish I could bring myself to daily it everyday but I'm still super cautious about other drivers and where I park it. People see the car and my age and I just worry about the attention that brings. 

I urge you to use it as much as you can. Mine (like many on here) is my only car and I use it everyday without issue. Wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't. I'm only 30 too and have no problems with image. Most people just think it's a hybrid IS. I am of course careful on where it is parked, but I don't let that stop me using it. It does all the normal stuff like B&Q and supermarket runs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Toothy thanks buddy! I think when it stops with this bad weather I'll get it out more so everyday but for now with the salt and snow I'll leave it where it is. I know these are ultra realiable card that I'd half the reason I brought it, glad to hear that other owners don't have any trouble though.. think it's just because it's new still 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Agreed, a car is to be enjoyed and modern cars can deal with the salt and grime on the roads fine.  My car is a daily driver and never get any bother with it.  I'm 31 and rarely get any attention in it, even with muffler delete.  Car park dings and stuff can easily happen in the summer too so just live a little.

Is this the first big powerful car your have had??

No, I’m one of the old duffers on here at 45 😔......had M3’s AMG’s previously, although the ISF is definitely the nicer place to be, a few Jags n Mercedes, bmw, Audi, but Lexus IS by far the marque for me 👍👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Age is just a number buddy your only as young as you feel 😉. I did really toy with buying an M3 or an AMG but I couldn't put my faith in one.. and for me realiablity, performance and luxury/ comfort were a must so the lexus was the obvious just. 

Plus it gets eyes everywhere it goes.. a good portion of people don't even know what they are.. slim chance of someone pulling up to the traffic lights in the same car. Happy days😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now