Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802023349613?advertising-location=at_cars&model=IS F&page=1&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

As soon  as I saw this I was convinced it was @kieron1977's. I even messaged him about it, but it's not his.

So anyone know this ISF? Another one in my favourite colour!

• Like 1

Don't know if you noticed but it appears that you have posted your address postcode by copying that ad link!

just saying chap, In case you weren't aware.

cheers Paul m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Don't know if you noticed but it appears that you have posted your address postcode by copying that ad link!

just saying chap, In case you weren't aware.

cheers Paul m.

Cheers. I edited the url before I posted it, but it obviously brought it through. I don't seem to be able to edit it? 

5 hours ago, d3ron said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802023349613?advertising-location=at_cars&model=IS F&page=1&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

As soon  as I saw this I was convinced it was @kieron1977's. I even messaged him about it, but it's not his.

@d3ron

This is the car matey 👍

🐀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, d3ron said:

Deron, have a read through the old posts.

stuno1 put lots of info about his car on here.

looked very very tidy whilst he owned it.

• Like 1

Still looks fine and the seller is being honest

Has a towel underneath the baby seat which is always a good sign

Decent price too 

No alarm bells ringing for me - and its still under warranty

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So guys, I went to see this car at the private sale. I went because it was Stuno's old car, it had Lexus Warranty, full Lexus SH, newish tyres and brakes and was a colour I could live with, the apexi throttle controller and the H&S Exhaust. (Also a flat bottomed steering wheel, which I thought looked quite good, if a bit worn.)

I loved the test drive, the mods made a huge difference, and the car was available at £13,500. 

So, why didn't I buy it. Mainly because of two things:

1. The bonnet and the front wing on the passenger side didn't match, there was a gap, which I thought was odd. In addition, there was quite a bit of orange peel on the front bumper. So it has had a knock, in my opinion. 

2. The seats, the mid back section of the seat was terrible, it actually dug into my back, which I thought was odd. This was not the case, with the other 4 Lexis ISF's that I had test driven. (Plus the seats looked knackered)

There is a third item, but I was willing to accept that, was that the car is due the major service, £500 odd pounds I think. 

(Couple of scratches around the bodywork, alloys need a good refurb.)

Hope this helps anyone that chooses to go see the car. 

@wantaisf Jim the problems you've identified don't seem insurmountable considering the price and the remaining warranty other than the drivers seat, they have exhibited an issue that was in the bottom of the frame not as you've described but in any event can be expensive to rectify but it is rare.

If it has had an accident and it's just confined to some panel realignment and paint rectification then that may not hurt to much.

As regards the service if the remaining warranty is to be maintained then Lexus will have to do it, makes sense to me, post warranty it's another matter.

As always you pays your money you takes your choice if someone wants low miles and lovely  there are some at Lexus !

If this car  is in someone's budget then if the car is fundamentally sound it becomes a bit of a project.

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@wantaisf Jim the problems you've identified don't seem insurmountable considering the price and the remaining warranty other than the drivers seat, they have exhibited an issue that was in the bottom of the frame not as you've described but in any event can be expensive to rectify but it is rare.

If it has had an accident and it's just confined to some panel realignment and paint rectification then that may not hurt to much.

As regards the service if the remaining warranty is to be maintained then Lexus will have to do it, makes sense to me, post warranty it's another matter.

As always you pays your money you takes your choice if someone wants low miles and lovely  there are some at Lexus !

If this car  is in someone's budget then if the car is fundamentally sound it becomes a bit of a project.

Big Rat

I think the main crux was that I felt like I would be settling. I had in my mind a pristine ISF, TBH it won't have been for £13,500! I still think about it now, that I should have bought it. Drive it for a year and move it on at practically the same price......but in the back of my mind - I really wanted the USB colour. So the search continues.....

For £13.5k it probably would have been worth while, but for £17k, it's a difficult conversation, unless they've fixed everything perfectly.

Also, I went and looked at Tom's ISF last summer and it was immaculate for about 17k......I didn't know about Apexi throttle controllers then, otherwise I would have pulled the trigger and bought that one, instead I said it seemed a bit uninspiring..... doh!

19 hours ago, wantaisf said:

So guys, I went to see this car at the private sale. I went because it was Stuno's old car, it had Lexus Warranty, full Lexus SH, newish tyres and brakes and was a colour I could live with, the apexi throttle controller and the H&S Exhaust. (Also a flat bottomed steering wheel, which I thought looked quite good, if a bit worn.)

I loved the test drive, the mods made a huge difference, and the car was available at £13,500. 

So, why didn't I buy it. Mainly because of two things:

1. The bonnet and the front wing on the passenger side didn't match, there was a gap, which I thought was odd. In addition, there was quite a bit of orange peel on the front bumper. So it has had a knock, in my opinion. 

2. The seats, the mid back section of the seat was terrible, it actually dug into my back, which I thought was odd. This was not the case, with the other 4 Lexis ISF's that I had test driven. (Plus the seats looked knackered)

There is a third item, but I was willing to accept that, was that the car is due the major service, £500 odd pounds I think. 

(Couple of scratches around the bodywork, alloys need a good refurb.)

Hope this helps anyone that chooses to go see the car. 

Interesting stuff.

Yes the panel gap seems to be there and it doesn't line up perfectly but its not massive.

The seats have lumbar support, possibly it was on the highest setting? Seats look fine - normal wear and tear for an 87k mile car

All the other stuff can be sorted by a good detailer (and their bodyshop contacts). Worth a punt at £13.5k but I wouldnt pay what the dealer is asking for it with those issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Interesting stuff.

Yes the panel gap seems to be there and it doesn't line up perfectly but its not massive.

The seats have lumbar support, possibly it was on the highest setting? Seats look fine - normal wear and tear for an 87k mile car

All the other stuff can be sorted by a good detailer (and their bodyshop contacts). Worth a punt at £13.5k but I wouldnt pay what the dealer is asking for it with those issues.

It's not lumbar support, I would say it's the backing of the seat has somehow collapsed in the mid section. I have now seen 6 Lexus ISFs, and this was the only one that had this issue with the seat. In addition, this same seat problem/feel was present in an old IS200 that I looked at many years ago. What was interesting was that the passenger seat exhibited the same issue, but not to the same degree. 

Yeah was worth a punt at £13.5k. Spend £1k on service and bodyshop and drive it for a year.........and sell for £13k. 

Which was why I really kicked myself for not buying Stuno's car way back when, as it was mint then. 

Shame that stuno’s car has ended up this way, was a lovely car under his ownership, also a shame that some don’t respect their cars in the correct manor, can only assume it’s had an extremely hard life of late

Thanks wantaisf for letting me know, 

I think il skip that! Shame really as at 13500 it was steal 

if any ones knows of a nice USB or Mesa red one let me know! I’m ready to buy

should have just kept mine 😑

9 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Thanks wantaisf for letting me know, 

I think il skip that! Shame really as at 13500 it was steal 

if any ones knows of a nice USB or Mesa red one let me know! I’m ready to buy

should have just kept mine 😑

Mesa red is the way to go mate but you may have to be patient as there are so few.  Should be a few more USB ones about though being such a popular colour.

Marcus