Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

2 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Marcus yours looks amazing!

I’ve driven alsorts c63, m3, m4 etc etc nothing comes close to the ISF!

I appreciate you saying that, my car is very average around here though,  I use it daily.

I'm considering a move too but honestly, where do I go from the ISF without spending £30k+

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I appreciate you saying that, my car is very average around here though,  I use it daily.

I'm considering a move too but honestly, where do I go from the ISF without spending £30k+

@Jgtcracer I know I knows 🤡

🐀

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Jgtcracer I know I knows 🤡

🐀

Stop it! 

I've actually been looking at the new civic type r for the last week or two also and then it shows up on top gear!

Can't help but feel the result was a tad fake however.

I love my ISF, my heart is really struggling with the prospect of selling so today at 17:32 I'm not changing it.

Ask me again in 5 mins!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Stop it! 

I've actually been looking at the new civic type r for the last week or two also and then it shows up on top gear!

Can't help but feel the result was a tad fake however.

I love my ISF, my heart is really struggling with the prospect of selling so today at 17:32 I'm not changing it.

Ask me again in 5 mins!

You and me both with the Civic.  Shotgun the white one.  I also keep looking at the FK2 Type R's.  20k now for a GT version and better looking IMO.

Just now, FTBBCVoodoo said:

You and me both with the Civic.  Shotgun the white one.  I also keep looking at the FK2 Type R's.  20k now for a GT version and better looking IMO.

I'm also looking at them, I really like the styling of both to be honest. FK2 prices are getting good too and I'm not convinced there will be a massive performance difference, particularly on the road.  I like a stiff ride which suits the FK2.  So does the £10k difference also mind you!

I think it will be an RCF or civic if I do change.

It's a big if though!

The Honda is a great car no doubt about it, with many fine attributes........ but looks IMO is not one of them, why would a volume car manufacturer with a successful vehicle on its hands alienate such large numbers of potential buyers design in some much stupid pointless add ons to the exterior. 

Ive ridden in one of the latest ones many times it's a fine car and would have considered one but I'm to old........ ☹️

Big Rat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

The Honda is a great car no doubt about it, with many fine attributes........ but looks IMO is not one of them, why would a volume car manufacturer with a successful vehicle on its hands alienate such large numbers of potential buyers design in some much stupid pointless add ons to the exterior. 

Ive ridden in one of the latest ones many times it's a fine car and would have considered one but I'm to old........ ☹️

Big Rat

@Big Rat.......think the “mecarno” styling started with the RS Focus, personally don’t understand why ANY manufacturers thought that taking their styling from a toy was a winner 🤔.........🤪🤪🤪🤪must have been party time in the drawing office🤪🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

No one says the Apache Helicopter is a design masterpiece but I bet the pilot doesn't care.

The new Civic Type R's are my Apache ;-)

I drove the FK2 and loved it but the wife refused to let me spend 30k+ on a Civic.  At 20k they are a better bet.

Coming from 3 x white Integra Type R's and an S2000 I have a soft spot for the big H :-)

• Like 2

@FTBBCVoodoo I get your point Ive owned some munters in the past had a Focus Rs 5pot before the isF certainly no oil painting but as you say 20-25k is one thing 35+ for the Honda........ noooooooo. Again as you say 20k that's another matter........ after all I could say it's Mrs Rat's car just taking it for a service......... or......... filling it up with fuel....... or......... you get my drift 🤡

🐀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Might there be a couple of ISFs coming onto the market soon then (reading the above)?!

Still undecided but to be honest, although I love the Mesa red, many don't!

2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Still undecided but to be honest, although I love the Mesa red, many don't!

Same as u @Jgtcracer.......my biggest concern is the regret, don’t know what to consider as a replacement, was thinking outside the box for something that suits my family needs 🤔.....RR sport supercharger, or something similar, love the Lexus brand (4th in a row) but the RX doesn’t do anything for me 😔......a massive head scratcher moment 🙄

Currently have a Civic sport as a second car & it’s an absolutely brilliant car to live with & a blast to drive. When I picked it up last year I took the then current Type R out to sort the road tax for the sport. It was one hell of a drive & a lot more refined than the Type R’s of old (exc R track mode of course 😉).

Both that car & the current Type R are the bench mark hot hatches, both holding the Ring record for this type of.car in standard production form, & the aero kit all play their part in that.  To me the styling makes them look more like a touing car for the road & I like the way they look because it’s not all just for show.  

That said when I suggested owning one to my wife she said she liked it, but we would look a bit silly getting out of one at our age, so I can see why the styling is polarising. But you only have one life and if it’s what you want go for it!! You won’t care what the styling is like when you are sitting on the inside and are having a blast driving it 👍🏻

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAW said:

Currently have a Civic sport as a second car & it’s an absolutely brilliant car to live with & a blast to drive. When I picked it up last year I took the then current Type R out to sort the road tax for the sport. It was one hell of a drive & a lot more refined than the Type R’s of old (exc R track mode of course 😉).

Both that car & the current Type R are the bench mark hot hatches, both holding the Ring record for this type of.car in standard production form, & the aero kit all play their part in that.  To me the styling makes them look more like a touing car for the road & I like the way they look because it’s not all just for show.  

That said when I suggested owning one to my wife she said she liked it, but we would look a bit silly getting out of one at our age, so I can see why the styling is polarising. But you only have one life and if it’s what you want go for it!! You won’t care what the styling is like when you are sitting on the inside and are having a blast driving it 👍🏻

My son at 19 has a type R, he’s “always” wanted the EP3, he found a 2005 cosmos grey one with 2 owners n full history, i at 45 had th joy of driving it home from the 100+ trip, he was in his Civic sport that he had at 17 which was cheaper to insure than a fiesta 1.25 🤔.........he has zero intentions of ever selling it, I have full use of it, fun it is, onlookers must just laugh at some “old boy” in a kids car 😳......🤣😂🤣

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DAW said:

@DAW David great right up on the. ‘R’ I am to old..... aren’t  I...... am I....surely I am......oh bloody hell I used to be indecisive 🤷‍♂️ 

🐀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW David great right up on the. ‘R’ I am to old..... aren’t  I...... am I....surely I am......oh bloody hell I used to be indecisive 🤷‍♂️ 

🐀

That makes two of us 😂👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Womble72 said:

My son at 19 has a type R, he’s “always” wanted the EP3, he found a 2005 cosmos grey one with 2 owners n full history, i at 45 had th joy of driving it home from the 100+ trip, he was in his Civic sport that he had at 17 which was cheaper to insure than a fiesta 1.25 🤔.........he has zero intentions of ever selling it, I have full use of it, fun it is, onlookers must just laugh at some “old boy” in a kids car 😳......🤣😂🤣

They are a really nice car. I thought about one a while back but decided my defective back probably wouldn’t survive the experience 😂😂

• Haha 2

The fk2’s are becoming reasonably priced, and there should also be hondata available for them very shortly, so proper tuning will be available, although a company called 7mod are around the 500+ bhp region

4 hours ago, Catlnike said:

The fk2’s are becoming reasonably priced, and there should also be hondata available for them very shortly, so proper tuning will be available, although a company called 7mod are around the 500+ bhp region

I saw one in the Brit car series last November at Brands run by a factory team running with around 600bhp alongside McLarens & Ferrari 458 GT cars etc which was pretty impressive!!

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, BUG4LIFE said:

Might there be a couple of ISFs coming onto the market soon then (reading the above)?!

And a 3rd (mine) which will be bargain of the century as it's a CAT D....

A h*** of a lot car for the money I would add.

66k, 2 previous owners, 2010, white (when clean), with a few functional mods included. Just no idea what price to ask for it now lol...

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW in the  very unlikely event I bought one it would have to be latest for me  as I’d want the indy rear suspension 🤓

🐀

I like them both, but the new one has clearly moved things on.

I took our Civic in for it’s 1st MOT a couple of weeks ago & they had a nearly new Type R for sale at just under 30k. Apparently the styling of the new Civic is not as popular as the old, especially at the rear & they are not selling as well - not that I can imagine it putting off the die hard R fans!!

I really like the new shape,  especially the sport & R. Haven’t had the pleasure of driving either yet which will have to be remedied 😉

• Like 1

@DAW With latest one it's the rear to my eye it's absolutely gopping, over styling and heavy looking, I'm not surprised they don't sell to well except to the diehards.......... maybe they say the same things about us and our choices......

Big Rat

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW With latest one it's the rear to my eye it's absolutely gopping, over styling and heavy looking, I'm not surprised they don't sell to well except to the diehards.......... maybe they say the same things about us and our choices......

Big Rat

That we're over styled and heavy looking????

• Haha 2