Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know how my head lights work? I’m a bit confused. Every other car I’ve had as has two bulbs - one for the main beam and one for the dipped. On my GS I can only see one big bulb. So, how do I get dipped and main from this bulb and how do my dipped beams turn into corners whilst main is still pointing ahead? Am I missing something obvious?

I believe there is a shutter inside the light that moves out of the way for high beam. Have you checked the high beam doesn't move with AFS? I know the description for AFS always states lo-beam but it was written before Lexus offers Bi-Xenon and they may have never updated the text. If it doesn't then there are guides inside the light that restrict the highbeam to a narrow angle.

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I believe there is a shutter inside the light that moves out of the way for high beam. Have you checked the high beam doesn't move with AFS? I know the description for AFS always states lo-beam but it was written before Lexus offers Bi-Xenon and they may have never updated the text. If it doesn't then there are guides inside the light that restrict the highbeam to a narrow angle.

The high beam doesn't appear to move. You can see the lights move within this when driving.

The handbook states you have Bi-xenon headlamps, so a single bulb provides both high and low beam, with the metal shutter in place, low beam.

What it doesn't show is any other headlamp type, so would guess you have only the one headlamp bulb, very unusual these days.. Unless there is a light emitter within that grooved area to the inside of the projector headlamp. Have you ever looked at the units when they are on? With dipped only and then with main + dipped?