Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Mine Up Today!

malcolmw

Echoing all the comments here but very very nice

I genuinely like the standard wheels more than the Sport and Sport+ ones

Undoubtedly easier to fix if curbed as well and less likely to do so in the first place with those beefy tyres!

The "standard" wheels actually look better in the metal than they do in pictures. The sculptured effect plus the graphite paint looks good with the red bodywork.

I have not done enough driving yet but, once I have formed a detailed opinion, I will post something on here.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, malcolmw said:

The "standard" wheels actually look better in the metal than they do in pictures. The sculptured effect plus the graphite paint looks good with the red bodywork.

I have not done enough driving yet but, once I have formed a detailed opinion, I will post something on here.

Now that you have had the car for a while, what are your thoughts?

I haven't done enough miles yet (275 only) and I was hoping to get it fully run in before commenting further.

However, I am very impressed by the build quality and the little bits of attention to detail. For example, the windscreen washer jets are mounted on the wiper arms so you get an even flow of screenwash at higher speeds.

I don't like the remote touch pad for operating the ICE. The "joystick" system on my RX seemed easier to use but I may get used to it. I also can't seem to get the car to connect to my WiFi router but I am still playing with that. I might try using my phone as the connection device instead.

I will give a more considered view soon. :smile:

On 2/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, malcolmw said:

I have had mine for a few months now and I'm still struggling with the touch pad. It is pretty much impossible to use when you are driving. Even though I have had my Satnav upgarded there are still a few glitches where it will occasionally freeze and the only way to clear it is to turn it off and back on again.

I will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption is like. Even though mine is the hybrid I struggle to get more than the mid to high 20s. I have heard of people getting 11 mpg in the V8! 

2 hours ago, Jules640 said:

I have had mine for a few months now and I'm still struggling with the touch pad. It is pretty much impossible to use when you are driving. Even though I have had my Satnav upgarded there are still a few glitches where it will occasionally freeze and the only way to clear it is to turn it off and back on again.

I will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption is like. Even though mine is the hybrid I struggle to get more than the mid to high 20s. I have heard of people getting 11 mpg in the V8! 

The touchpad is a pain - much prefer the joystick.

I guess MPG depends on driving style and journey types - short distances and you'll be getting about 25-30mpg. Longer runs on the motorway at a steady 70mph will get you about 33-35mpg

3 hours ago, Jules640 said:

17 m.p.g, but very short trips.

• 11 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 7:14 PM, malcolmw said:

As per the title, I got my LC500 today. Here's a quick picture. All seems good so far. I need to set up all the gadgets next.

Lexus_LC500_Feb18_05.thumb.JPG.93ff902a67468dff32b2e45717cd4664.JPG

Wow that is gorgeous! Sorry I am late to the game and just noticed your pic!!
Love the colour!
I am 3 weeks away from collection of my new IS 😄

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Looks fantastic - I hope to be ordering one soon to replace an F-Type. Is that Burgundy red or Sonic red and what colour interior did you go for - I quite like ochre.

That colour is Sonic Red the same colour as mine, i looked at the Ochre but found it a bit too much for me, ( i also used a demo for a few weeks with Ochre and found the reflection from the top of the dash onto the windscreen wan quite bad especially on a sunny days ) i went for Black, yes boring i know although with all the different materials used there are different contrasts, sorry not a very good photo.

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Lovely car, congratulations!

I've had mine almost 2 months now (sport+ V8 red with orchre), covered just over 2k

was a bmw driver for years, and I thought I enjoyed driving that. Just realising what I was missing.

its pure theatre....