Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Mine Up Today!

malcolmw

Hi all

Have been looking to buy a new car, but cannot make up my mind, LC500 or C63.

I am not a boy racer but do love the noise these V8s produce, the LC seems only to sound good on start up and when pushed, whereas the C63 sounds awesome all the time.

The LC is lovely inside, I love it, now I'm thinking after all the comments above that I don't need the SP+ and save a bit of money, I loved the deep blue, but now love the red omg I'm cracking up. Does the car look much different in normal mode, and is there anyway of getting that noise more often.

Please help me, I am going mad lol

Thanks all in advance

Kev

These are very different cars so take care in your choice.

The C63 unfortunately looks like all other C-Class cars so you lose a bit of cachet but it is very fast and has huge torque.

The LC is very "styled" and is much rarer on the road. The power delivery is totally different with the punch coming in over 4000 rpm. I have driven both the standard and the 4WS Sport + and I couldn't tell the difference on the road. The smaller wheels are fine on the "standard model" and a bit less bling. 

There is a recent thread on here about getting the exhaust flaps to stay open all the time to encourage the nice V8 noise.

2 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

These are very different cars so take care in your choice.

The C63 unfortunately looks like all other C-Class cars so you lose a bit of cachet but it is very fast and has huge torque.

The LC is very "styled" and is much rarer on the road. The power delivery is totally different with the punch coming in over 4000 rpm. I have driven both the standard and the 4WS Sport + and I couldn't tell the difference on the road. The smaller wheels are fine on the "standard model" and a bit less bling. 

And presumably one is considerably more reliable than the other with a demonstrably more competent dealership record ?

Hi All

Thanks for your replies.

You talk about customer service with regards Lexus, I visited their Sidcup dealer last week and test drove the LC, car lovely, definitely needs that exhaust opened up, and yes the speed cannot match the C63, and that growl wow, but the LC does feel classier and has those lovely looks.

Anyway I found the dealer not really interested, no follow up call, seemed to be an inconvenience, I don't know not what I expected. I own a S5 Audi at present and the dealers couldn't and can't  do enough for you

So still not decided, did have a look at that exhaust post on here, seems a shame that on a brand new car you cannot keep the exhaust flaps or whatever it is open with a switch or something, its a near 90k car.

Another funny thing most of my mates are split roughly 50/50, now that doesn't help haha.

Thanks again all

56 minutes ago, KevCannotDecide said:

Anyway I found the dealer not really interested, no follow up call, seemed to be an inconvenience, I don't know not what I expected. I own a S5 Audi at present and the dealers couldn't and can't  do enough for you

Welcome to Lexus Land. Four potential car purchases at my local dealer since 2007 and on every occasion I've walked away . IS200 / IS250 /GS300 and RCF

There are Lexus dealers interested in selling cars but you need to hunt them down.:wink3: 

1 hour ago, KevCannotDecide said:

you might find that they may call you in a couple of days, personally i find it a bit refreshing that you can test drive a car and not having them pestering you every 5 mins.

they always call me the day after my car has got in for anything asking me if i was completely satisfied with the service i received.

give Bradley a call at Sidcup i am sure he will assist you with anything your require.

Over 10 years, my experiences with Lexus sales people have been crap 95% of the time. The service staff have been 95% excellent.

On balance, I'd prefer it that way round

That mirrors my experience exactly at Lexus Chester.

The Salesman who sold me the car six years ago left shortly following my purchase and in the intervening period I have visited the premises on average once every two weeks and not one Salesman has acknowledged me. The Reception and Service Staff however...........................

Very sad.

Sadly customer service is another kettle of fish(if I can call it that)all together. Generally across the board it seems to be pretty poor at best regardless of where you go ☹🤔

23 hours ago, scudney said:

Go on Kev,what does your heart say and what does you head say😀

Hi John

The trouble is one says get the LC one minute and then the C63 the next and then vice versa lol.

I wish the LC was noisier, I know its not meant to be that kind of car, but perhaps the option either way would be nice.

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Salesman who sold me the car six years ago left shortly following my purchase and in the intervening period I have visited the premises on average once every two weeks and not one Salesman has acknowledged me. The Reception and Service Staff however...........................

Very sad.

4 hours ago, scudney said:

Sadly customer service is another kettle of fish(if I can call it that)all together. Generally across the board it seems to be pretty poor at best regardless of where you go ☹🤔

Hi John and John

this surprises me I thought Lexus were a luxury brand, my first impressions of them are poor.

22 hours ago, wendle said:

you might find that they may call you in a couple of days, personally i find it a bit refreshing that you can test drive a car and not having them pestering you every 5 mins.

Hi Chris

Yes I get where your coming from, but the whole experience from phoning for a test drive to having the test drive, then the salesman jumping out and saying goodbye will call you later the same day and not bothering, I had the test drive last Friday, still no call. So one call would have been nice, who knows. I might try the Woodford dealer, see if any better, there's got to be better service than this.

Having said all the above I still love the looks of the LC, the interior is gorgeous and that V8 is still a nice engine, red or deep blue hmmm come on dealers you could have made all the difference.

Whats this thing with the fuel filler cap?????

Thanks again all, got my head in my hands and my heart waiting to be stolen haha

• Like 1

My experience has been the exact opposite of yours.

I went along in my Aston DB9 to test drive an AMG GT at the local Mercedes dealer. You would have thought I was a target customer but, after the test drive, I had no contact from them at all. We now laugh at their arrogance at losing a £100K sale.

My Lexus dealer at Hedge End is very good at customer support (both sales and service) and, thus I have purchased several cars from them.

The fuel filler flap issue is just an inconvenience but can be fixed.

17 hours ago, KevCannotDecide said:

The trouble is one says get the LC one minute and then the C63 the next and then vice versa lol.

Its simple: buy both. I expect there will be some cracking deals over the next months, and when the market picks up in 2021 you can sell the one you like less for a profit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 1:48 PM, MNMJ said:

Its simple: buy both. I expect there will be some cracking deals over the next months, and when the market picks up in 2021 you can sell the one you like less for a profit.

lol MNMJ if only I could afford both, not seen many deals around yet!!!!!!

On 3/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, d3ron said:

Is the AMG GTS not a consideration?

It would be a straight choice between the LC500 and GT for me. Not that I'm anywhere near that choice. 

On 3/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, malcolmw said:

Further to my post earlier, I did test drive the AMG GT and it is very good (IMO much better than the C63).

Yep I get where you are both coming from, but I'm at my limit 90K, so the AMG GT is not on my radar.

I know a new convertible is coming out, I was just wondering if their were any facelifts for the LC on the horizon.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, royoftherovers said:

Very sad.

Might be telling you something John.......what some people will do for a free  coffee 😜 although presumably you have been visiting to have your car washed 🤗 Cheers, Roger

3 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Might be telling you something John.......what some people will do for a free  coffee 😜 although presumably you have been visiting to have your car washed 🤗 Cheers, Roger

I only visit for car washes and the Annual Service and am known by my christian name by all bar the sales staff.

You know what Roger, it does not cost a single penny to be nice to people. To ignore people is to invite criticism. Ignoring people (THERE ARE MANY OF US) who are present or future customers is unlikely to generate customer loyalty or future sales.

I do not suffer fools gladly, but if I could buy a new car and ensure that commission generated from the sale went solely to the team of Receptionists and one particular guy in Service, I would do so. If I want a new car, I will look towards Lexus Liverpool.

These are indeed troubling times and personal relationships will prove to be something that can be valued. 

Hi John very interesting and mirrors my feelings about Lexus Chester also. I do think we are in for a world of change and one thing that stood out from our Australian holiday was just how friendly everybody was and went out of the way to help you ... and that was generally everywhere we went. Although like you I am friendly , it definitely rubs off and with this current crisis I have noticed out walking suddenly people are more friendly and I really hope it remains so. 
I do think you are right that those businesses who stand out in their approach will prosper and I would look at Lexus Stockport, Liverpool and also Bolton before I would visit Lexus Chester. Cheers,

Roger

1 minute ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi John very interesting and mirrors my feelings about Lexus Chester also. I do think we are in for a world of change and one thing that stood out from our Australian holiday was just how friendly everybody was and went out of the way to help you ... and that was generally everywhere we went. Although like you I am friendly , it definitely rubs off and with this current crisis I have noticed out walking suddenly people are more friendly and I really hope it remains so. 
I do think you are right that those businesses who stand out in their approach will prosper and I would look at Lexus Stockport, Liverpool and also Bolton before I would visit Lexus Chester. Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger.

I vowed never to visit Bolton again when one of their Salesman using the toilet alongside me left without washing his hands. I explained the reason for their loss of my sale and left the premises. 

And I dare not tell you about the Senior Captains of UK Industry whom I  noticed did the same, when I attended my first C.I.P.D Annual Conference in Harrogate.

Just do not touch the peanuts in the Bar !!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, KevCannotDecide said:

lol MNMJ if only I could afford both, not seen many deals around yet!!!!!!

I bought mine because I want head-turning rarity, reliability, comfort, quiet touring and a full on naturally aspirated symphony when wanted. I tried several options, DB11, AMG GT, R8, E63, M5, etc, the R8 was the only one I found came close. Biggest problem for me was driving turbo engines at slower speeds, it’s just not enjoyable whereas the LC works everywhere.

On auto trader there are 112 AMG GT’s post 2017 for sale and only 22 LC’s, and some of them are hybrid! Says it all for me.

Wouldn't change my LC except perhaps for a Bentley GT...

That is great to hear, whilst the Bentley GT is a great car, Bentleys generally are pretty woeful reliability wise as they age and of course expensive to maintain , whereas ............🤗

8 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

That is great to hear, whilst the Bentley GT is a great car, Bentleys generally are pretty woeful reliability wise as they age and of course expensive to maintain , whereas ............🤗

You beat me to it Roger !

• Like 1