Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

200t more economical than the 300h!!!! Really

I too find that honest John figure untrue.

My previous car was a Ford Modeo titanium x sport ecoboost. 2.0 litre and it''s average fuel consumption was in the very low 30's at best. Comedians links look more realistic and now I have doubts about honest John figures.

yeah, i thought it would be too good to be true.  shame, I might have swapped mine for a 200t if that was the case.  The 200t nx and RX have shocking MPG's (don't think it is same engine though as power output is different).

Hi folks,

time to poke my beak in again.

In my 55 years of driving i, like many members, have come across many, 'Honest Johns'.' They start by being quite reliable and unbiased, then, just like our political masters, they smell the flavour of money, power and the accompanying trappings. They sell their souls and follow the strongest flavour of the month, forgetting why they set up shop in the first place. After all a few pieces of silver are far better than honesty and impartiality.  I feel this bloke has gone the same way, maybe he should go back to selling snake oil.

I get about 52mpg overall in Mr. Jingles, see my fuelly page, but please, don't tell H.J.

Best Wishes.

Michael.  

• Like 1

Quite possibly Roy.

You may well have a very valuable point there Michael. Maybe HJ has smelt money But that may mean he''s cooking the numbers.

Those numbers I hope really do come from genuine folk but as we're human I suppose some mistakes can occur.

Would it be possible if one deliberately tries to achieve this?

using the hybrid in freezing temp on high speed highway journeys in sport setting and completely trash it on B roads and in town?

using the 200T on 45mph highway cruise and make sure the turbo does not spool up by hardly touching the pedal? 

Turbo equals fuel consumption full stop. From the early days in the 80's ( saab turbo!) to now. i drove a BMW 320i ( 4 cyl)for 2 years and in spite of all marketingcrap about efficient dynamics and eco stuff it had almost identical consumption as my is250 6 cylinder. So to claim an 200t has a better mileage than a 300H is strange to say the least. Maybe the honest john test is not representing enough cars making it prone to wrong input?    

Never really got better than 37 from my IS200T and most of the time I recall it being about 32-34 over a tankful. In my IS300h I generally always got 42-44 over a tankful. There were some extremes outside of these figures but I'd reckon on a 10mpg difference in favour of the hybrid. I thought the 200T was way more fun to drive mind and certainly enough to make up for the difference in economy. For me anyway

Blimey Paulmx have you actually floored your is300h from a standstill in sport mode? 

I do regularly and it feels as fast/quick as my last car (2.0 litre turbo petrol 240 bhp)

On 2/7/2018 at 6:54 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey Paulmx have you actually floored your is300h from a standstill in sport mode? 

I do regularly and it feels as fast/quick as my last car (2.0 litre turbo petrol 240 bhp)

Yes I used to regularly and no it wasn't, not ever

I'm' on my 2nd is300h and this one I'm in is so far better in every way than my previous one of a year ago. Both cars exact same spec and colour but that one was underpowered in all aspects. This one however is a dream and fulfills it''s 226bhp. I'm wondering if your car is a rogue like my previous one.

I know for a fact my previous mondeo is quicker faster than the is200t as I regularly raced one which a friend had. He got rid of his and got a mondeo like I had.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:55 AM, Mr Vlad said:

I'm' on my 2nd is300h and this one I'm in is so far better in every way than my previous one of a year ago. Both cars exact same spec and colour but that one was underpowered in all aspects. This one however is a dream and fulfills it''s 226bhp. I'm wondering if your car is a rogue like my previous one.

I know for a fact my previous mondeo is quicker faster than the is200t as I regularly raced one which a friend had. He got rid of his and got a mondeo like I had.

I also know for a fact that my IS200t was quicker faster than an M3 because I regularly raced one which a friend had. He got rid of his and got an IS like I had.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Martin F said:

Hmmmmmm....

IS200t - 0-60 = 6.8secs, 241BHP

M3 - 0-60 = 4.2secs, 424BHP

Your friend must have been a crap driver !

Twas a joke, it wasn't serious

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...