Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone bought a new shape LS, and what do you think about it ?

Hi Ja

I havent seen one  - I think the only members on here with the most recent cars are those with 10/11 plate LS600Hs.

One member mentioned (with regards to a 460) that it had lost its magic carpet ride.

I saw a premier model parked up at lexus Reading. Some people have mentioned they don't like the new grill but I thought in the flesh it looked absolutely awesome. It has this extremely athletic look. It is very different from the usual LS, bit like the new Jaguar XJ was from the older version. However it has a real presence and the inside just looks sublime. It is very different from all the other renowned luxury barges out there and i'd be surprised it if doesn't sell well. Little while to go before it depreciates enough for me to buy one, lol

As in....2017 model?

A bit like Citroen current 'DS' cars are nothing LIKE original DSs, should Lexus lose the LS prefix?

At least they look less like Mercs now!

I like older cars with more glass, not doors up to neck level; and making the interiors SOOOO comfy that the driver is insulated? It's still a 70mph tonnage of missile in amongst lots of others. Pay attention to driving it, not tweeting/etc.!

4 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

As in....2017 model?

A bit like Citroen current 'DS' cars are nothing LIKE original DSs, should Lexus lose the LS prefix?

At least they look less like Mercs now!

I like older cars with more glass, not doors up to neck level; and making the interiors SOOOO comfy that the driver is insulated? It's still a 70mph tonnage of missile in amongst lots of others. Pay attention to driving it, not tweeting/etc.!

I'm a bit like you in your thinking.  The reason I wanted an LS in the first place is because of the classic limo look.  To me that went after the demise of the LS430.  All LS's up to that point looked fantastic to me.  I have seen the new LS which of course is a beautiful machine that is light years away from my budget, but it doesn't do for me what the earlier ones did.  Just as well really, by the time I could afford one someone would be spoon feeding me boiled fish for dinner! 

8 hours ago, ISJason said:

Just interested to hear if any has bought a new shape LS, any reviews, or have I already missed one? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you mean the 2017 one yes, drove it the other week. 

Its  a beast  and extremely quiet inside. The dimensions are almost too big for UK roads and its difficult to find any space that it will fit in - if you do, you cant get out as its very wide as well. 

But, worth test driving once in a lifetime. 

Don't think I would buy it though - way too big - even in comparison to the RX

Phil-I just had fish for tea! Albeit, not spooned to me!

You pick up my point exactly.

Take the Nissan Micra-or a Corolla. Keep changing shape but not name.

Even on this site we still get folk asking the differences between 'series'/models.

Imagine looking at a yaris.

The limo look works, as it was designed to do. With CAD design, it seems designers get carried away.

I leave with THIS design pic....

ds garden.bmp

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Phil-I just had fish for tea! Albeit, not spooned to me!

You pick up my point exactly.

Take the Nissan Micra-or a Corolla. Keep changing shape but not name.

Even on this site we still get folk asking the differences between 'series'/models.

Imagine looking at a yaris.

The limo look works, as it was designed to do. With CAD design, it seems designers get carried away.

I leave with THIS design pic....

ds garden.bmp

French cars have never done much for me but that, beautiful. I've always loved it.  Someone round here has a deep burgundy one, fully restored, it's just superb.  And why can't they retro build it like the Beetle or the Fiat 500?

that's a beautiful looking  DS ............  but don't let the grass grow around it eh 

Malc

11 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

looking at a yaris.

or an auris , aygo, verso ........... does anyone care about these ridiculous names and the line-up of  " perfection " ......  ****, where's our beautiful limos really gone ........  the designers lost sight of OUR needs methinks....... are we the grey ( old ) pound with maybe more money than sense I wonder ....  I might well consider seriously buying a brand new Ls400      :winkiss: 

Malc

Citroen C6, anyone?

(I might have been tempted; (my recent XM 3 litre cost the same as one!) but reports I got suggested flaws and problems.

Citroen, in my readings, seem to rush things out, then fix the problems later! In the C6 case...no 'later' happened.

On 07/02/2018 at 10:56 AM, Chris Skelton said:

Citroen C6, anyone?

(I might have been tempted; (my recent XM 3 litre cost the same as one!) but reports I got suggested flaws and problems.

Citroen, in my readings, seem to rush things out, then fix the problems later! In the C6 case...no 'later' happened.

I once bought an XM 2.00L for £70.00 on a J plate bouncing all over the place but £120.00 later with 2 new spheres and a fresh MOT it did good for another 2 years. No rust as fully galvanised body and a magic carpet ride (best car ever over road humps never had to slow down for them).

The C6 was the flagship model but with problems I believe, I think I have a write up in one of my mags, if I can find it I’ll send it you.

My memories of owning (several) Citroen DS23s echoes that; superb comfort plus-as you say- no need to wory about 'speed bumps'!

I never got comfortable with the XM I sold last year, despite it being probably the best condition one left in UK! (Maybe that was a part of it? Perfect paint brings paranoia!)

The DS has such squishy seats plus about 2cms of foam beneath the carpet (in the Pallas version). Was only watching a recording of that Car rebuild TV show, when Mike-the-wide-boy found a DS in France to rebuild -a DSuper5 this time. But things, in terms of build quality, have moved on of course.

The LS400 was  pretty close, comfort-wise, and much better, engine and build wise. But didn't match in looks, to me! What does?

Thanks, Steve, for the write-up offer; I do have a few, though I've usually given my stash of mag reviews away these days.