Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So all it's that time of year again. I'm looking at agreed value policies this time.

Any advise on who to speak to or go with?

Before people say Adrian Flux... I called them this morning and the guy at the other end of the phone was not remotely interested and said we can't insure you. So sod them.

• Sad 1

Realy surprised by that as I have my ISF with them on an agreed value policy & I believe @Big Rat had his ISF with them on a similar basis before he sold it. Shame because I found them very helpful.

Only got this type of policy myself for the 1st time last year, so I’m afraid I can’t help with an alternative as options seemed pretty limited when I looked then. Would be interested to know what alternatives you find though👍🏻

• Like 1

Honestly the guy had no interested. Kept asking me what have I been quoted already when I told him clearly that it's the 1st time I'm getting  quotes on this type of policy. I even said I can give you the renewal quote on my normal policy. Again he couldn't care less

• Sad 1

@Arqum @DAW Yes as you know changed the isF for the RcF last week and I've gone with them again, maybe it's because I'm very old now and drive like Miss Daisy....... who ever knows...... none of us are privy to what there criteria really is for any given individual unless you work in that industry.

🐀

• Like 1

Never had a good experience with them. I find their customer service poor tbh

Edited by Bluesman
Trying to deceive swear filter

Contact the rep here on the forum. I'm sure I've seen them posting. Probably get better help that way. I know it worked that way for some of the bike stuff through fluxs bike arm.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I always insured my Isf with Lexus insurance, I found their prices very reasonable, didn't insist on a tracker and the customer service in the event of a claim was second to none.

Sadly the quote for my Gsf was very high in comparison to others and I left them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I always insured my Isf with Lexus insurance, I found their prices very reasonable, didn't insist on a tracker and the customer service in the event of a claim was second to none.

Sadly the quote for my Gsf was very high in comparison to others and I left them.

@Mark G I rang Lexus ins as well whilst sat at Cheltenham for a quote as @Flytvr mentioned as I couldn’t get through to Flux...... Lexus were £1000.00 more than Flux 😳

So I went with Flux again with an agreed valuation.

🐀

I stuck mine on my business insurance road risk at 250 quid - am currently building up a new stream of no claims to swap it out asap. Lexus quote was double the likes of direct line etc.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark G I rang Lexus ins as well whilst sat at Cheltenham for a quote as @Flytvr mentioned as I couldn’t get through to Flux...... Lexus were £1000.00 more than Flux 😳

So I went with Flux again with an agreed valuation.

🐀

Maybe they got hold of my GoPro footage from the Blats.............................

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Maybe they got hold of my GoPro footage from the Blats.............................

60 fps is simply not fast enough to capture the empathetic,  curry eating, goat loving man from Wiltshire that we lovingly call BLUE.

It baffles me how Adrian Flux do any business; I’ve never been able to get a sensible quote out of them. I’ve always lived in decent areas, not done many miles, generally been a low-risk driver. They’ve always flat out refused to quote me (as I’m a young driver in a powerful car - I was 27 and had a diesel Mondeo) or quoted such a sky-high price, not even Bill Gates would consider it! 

I’d put your details into a comparison site, choose the top 3, then get quotes from them directly. End of the day, all insurance companies can be bad or good to deal with - it’s just luck of the draw. You might as well save a few quid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've been with Adrian Flux 1 and a bit years (just renewed). I was 29 when I took out my first policy, in an average area for crime, etc. They had no problem beating all other insurers by some margin, and didn't require a tracker. I've found the customer service to be some of the best I've experienced. Very friendly and helpful. They are a broker at the end of the day, so can only offer policies available at the time. My premium went up by around £100 this year due to this. It might be worth calling again in a week or two in case what they can offer has changed. But can't blame you not wanting to if you've been treated poorly. Maybe the Adrian Flux representative will be along to address these issues.

• Like 1

I'm also with Adrian flux and they have been brilliant, cheapest around too.

Dunno how the algorithms used to calculate price work but they are all over the place mind you.  

Don't give up on them, might just of got the wrong guy on the wrong day.

Marcus

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mrfunex said:

It baffles me how Adrian Flux do any business; I’ve never been able to get a sensible quote out of them. I’ve always lived in decent areas, not done many miles, generally been a low-risk driver. They’ve always flat out refused to quote me (as I’m a young driver in a powerful car - I was 27 and had a diesel Mondeo) or quoted such a sky-high price, not even Bill Gates would consider it! 

I’d put your details into a comparison site, choose the top 3, then get quotes from them directly. End of the day, all insurance companies can be bad or good to deal with - it’s just luck of the draw. You might as well save a few quid. 

@mrfunex I’m an old man in a fast car bet your reactions are quicker than mine 😆

🐀

• Like 1