Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

8 am she goes on the ramp and 20 mins later we have a new certificate.

Offside Front suspension has slight play in a lower suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a)

Nearside Front position lamp(s) deteriorated, but still visible from a reasonable distance (1.1.A.3d)

Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

Some underside corrosion.

How happy can car owning when you have a Lexus?

Just 5000 miles in the last year. I must get those new tyres fitted now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

well done .............. you'll need a new £4.50 lamp bulb  too ............  ( unless you're into HID £££££  or whatever fandangled modernism might have brought you to  :w00t: )

Malc

34 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Well done Mike.  Piddly advisories for a car of that age.  Most other makes would have a list as long as a giraffe's trousers!

I would imagine most would be structural requiring welding.

LBJ from Lexus are around £60.00 and an hours labour to fit, and if you want a replacement light unit PM me Mike.

34 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

LBJ from Lexus are around £60.00 and an hours labour to fit, and if you want a replacement light unit PM me Mike.

It looks like a round tube that goes from one side to the other. You can tell I know what I am talking about. He said they would it when its next in for a service.

Its the side light bulb that has gone black with age, it still works but needs replacing. Thanks for the offer I will keep that as you never know when you need one.

4 hours ago, Malc said:

well done .............. you'll need a new £4.50 lamp bulb  too ............  ( unless you're into HID £££££  or whatever fandangled modernism might have brought you to  :w00t: )

Malc

Just a bulb will do. He will fit it when he services next.

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

True enough, like the cars I had when I first started driving, looking down to see the road beneath me. 

• Like 1

I love my LS400 but I'm a Jag fan as well. I've been looking around for an XJ, but have been comparing MOT histories for older jags for sale compared to older Lexuses  (or Lexii according to Alan Partridge). There is a tremendous difference. My 1999 LS 400 has failed once, before I owned it, for a blown foglight bulb. Other than that, it's never even had an advisory.

18 hours ago, The-Acre said:

True enough, like the cars I had when I first started driving, looking down to see the road beneath me. 

Congratulations Mike. Always a relief.

Phil I well remember similar when I was being taken to the Norfolk Broads by my Grandfather - "step over the hole and keep your legs up"

• Haha 1