Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h front undertray fixings.

When I had the car up on ramps recently I noticed that the bolts securing the front undertray were in a bad way. Even though the car has a full Lexus history two of the bolts were sheared and one had been replaced by a self-tapper! To rectify this I removed the tray and cleaned the surviving holes. Of the two sheared bolts, one came out with a stud extractor (after careful drilling down the centre) but the other I had to drill out completely and retap. I then replaced all the screws with stainless socket-head screws and repair washers.

Definitely a worthwhile change before things get too bad as it will make any future work much easier (and it looks better). I shall now go over the rest of the underbody fixings just to make sure they are all OK. :smile:

20170412_135009.thumb.jpg.bb53655a91ab5174d1f520d0c69461ed.jpg20170412_135019.thumb.jpg.d6cb35ada045c70882cdd24631f49ce3.jpg

(..... I should have cleaned the panel before I took the photo! :wink:)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bobmc said:

well done! I bet that you have a nice feeling of self-satisfaction - now award yourself that well earned beer/rest/chocolate *delete as appropriate :)

Thanks.

Three in one! :smile:

5a7b24ebab71f_Chocolatestout.jpg.d6b63cc35cbdda737c5249b53661a31b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job,much better than the usual cable zip tie repair method, another weak point are the exhaust silencer heat shields, the fixing holes rot away allowing it to drop onto the box. Easy fix with a large washer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

... another weak point are the exhaust silencer heat shields, the fixing holes rot away allowing it to drop onto the box. Easy fix with a large washer.

Thanks, I'll check those next. :thumbsup: