Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Mileage Servicing

Hello,

I thought i'd open this up to the Lexus community for your opinions I took receipt of a IS250 F Sport '14 plate last year from Lexus Derby with a years warranty ending in March of this year........Fine no problem

I said If you give it a uptodate service I'd have it, So Lexus Derby did a 30K service for me at 21,643 before they delivered the car to me.

My Current Mileage is 24,452 ..................yup I wrap it in cotton wool and don't drive it too often:wink3:...................so I've put on about 3k rounded up in the last year

I've received an email from Lexus to say a service is due.......................I know its a year but........come on 3K miles...........is it really worth it

What would you recommend?

Also I've noticed that in the maintenance section in the sat nav screen that 30/3/18 is given as next due date, can this simply be reset, to my choosing???..... or will the world come tumbling down around me If I attempt to mess around with it............LOL..............I used to have a 2000 plate Is200 and it was nowhere near as complicated as this.

Edited by jayson
update

Hello,
I thought i'd open this up to the Lexus community for your opinions I took receipt of a IS250 F Sport '14 plate last year from Lexus Derby with a years warranty ending in March of this year........Fine no problem
I said If you give it a uptodate service I'd have it, So Lexus Derby did a 30K service for me at 21,643 before they delivered the car to me.
My Current Mileage is 24,452 ..................yup I wrap it in cotton wool and don't drive it too often:wink3:...................so I've put on about 3k rounded up in the last year
I've received an email from Lexus to say a service is due.......................I know its a year but........come on 3K miles...........is it really worth it

I would bring it in, usually every six month you would like to service your car yourself or at the dealership , every year is usually an oil change. J guess now and days dealership that use synthic changes oil at 10k mileage or in a year. I work at Toyota and that's how we do things and usually Lexus is the same way.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, jayson said:

Hello,

Also I've noticed that in the maintenance section in the sat nav screen that 30/3/18 is given as next due date, can this simply be reset, to my choosing???..... or will the world come tumbling down around me If I attempt to mess around with it............LOL..............I used to have a 2000 plate Is200 and it was nowhere near as complicated as this.

My wife only does about 2.5-3k per year but yes, I always get it serviced at 1 year. 

TBH shorter journeys and lower mileages are harsher to the engine if its not maintained properly. So I would say yes, get a service done. If its serviced properly though, shorter journeys won't make much different to the life of the engine. 

And yes, you can just change the due date of the service. I keep mine about 30 days before its actual due date as a reminder to book it in

If the car is outside of warranty then I think it's ok to stretch the service intervals a little. Might decrease the value slightly when you come to sell it I suppose. I get mine services in accordance with the manufacturer's intervals but I doubt a couple of months here and there is going to matter much with such low mileage. Lexus service intervals are poor in my opinion. I understand the counter argument to that is reliability etc but every 10k miles or 12 months on mine means two services per year which adds a fair bit to the running costs. If OP is keeping the car for a long time and with no warranty, I'd stretch the intervals a little myself.

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

If the car is outside of warranty then I think it's ok to stretch the service intervals a little. Might decrease the value slightly when you come to sell it I suppose. I get mine services in accordance with the manufacturer's intervals but I doubt a couple of months here and there is going to matter much with such low mileage. Lexus service intervals are poor in my opinion. I understand the counter argument to that is reliability etc but every 10k miles or 12 months on mine means two services per year which adds a fair bit to the running costs. If OP is keeping the car for a long time and with no warranty, I'd stretch the intervals a little myself.

From what I understand, Lexus count full service history as done within 30 days of the 1 year period or 1000 miles. 

So technically you can get a service done every 13 months or 11000 miles  

But im picky so my book is stamped within 2-3 days of 1 year of the last service date  lol. Most I've had is about 7 days late

Part of the logic here might depend on whether you intend selling the car in the future and have ,as a selling point, a 'perfect' service history book.

I personally have never actually sold a car of mine! 2 scrapped due to mot cost, 2 written off ( not my fault!) and 1 given away!

so if you ( like me) intend keeping the car forever ( if you got anything to do with it) then the quality of the servicing is gonna be more important than (expensive) stamps in a book. I am not saying forfeit any servicing but you know your own vehicle!

paul m.

21 hours ago, rayaans said:

From what I understand, Lexus count full service history as done within 30 days of the 1 year period or 1000 miles. 

So technically you can get a service done every 13 months or 11000 miles  

But im picky so my book is stamped within 2-3 days of 1 year of the last service date  lol. Most I've had is about 7 days late

I'm picky too, agreed. Possible not quite as much as you though! I do try to stretch into the 1k / 1 month window a little. If I was running one outside of a warranty I would likely do mine every 12,500 miles at least. That's what they allow for 'fleet' cars and there are no additional checks or increase in quality of fluids, etc for these cars. As I run my car for business, I asked if I could move to 12.5k mile intervals and I was told no. Seems like it is only for fleet lease companies. Thing is if it's ok for fleet users, why not allow private buyers the same intervals? I've said it before, 10k mile intervals is too short. If I was doing 10k miles a year then I'd be happy to service it once every 12 (13 :biggrin:) months. Much less happy having to service it twice a year.

Have the same dialema with my 2011 ISF.

Car is due it’s annual service on 1st March, having only covered around 2k miles and currently stored away during winter, I’m thinking of stretch the interval a couple of months and have it serviced in May with Lexus when the car is back out.

Altough I said to myself I’ll never sell her but you never know, would you be put off by the car because it’s not serviced at 12months interval as it’s been stored away?

On 08/02/2018 at 7:28 PM, paulrnx said:

As I run my car for business, I asked if I could move to 12.5k mile intervals and I was told no. Seems like it is only for fleet lease companies. 

By who?  God?

When I had my IS(privately owned) i was doing around 20k a year so I used the 12.5k\1 year interval. In the event of a warranty claim being rejected i'd love to have had the argument as to how my mileage or usage differed from that of any other high mileage user. 

It's your car, your money just make a decision of which of the recommendations you wish to follow based on your usage. 

This year I have a similar quandry with my RCF to some of you other guys, I will likely have completed only 3k by the time I come to my service interval. 

2 hours ago, Martin F said:

By who?  God?

When I had my IS(privately owned) i was doing around 20k a year so I used the 12.5k\1 year interval. In the event of a warranty claim being rejected i'd love to have had the argument as to how my mileage or usage differed from that of any other high mileage user. 

It's your car, your money just make a decision of which of the recommendations you wish to follow based on your usage. 

This year I have a similar quandry with my RCF to some of you other guys, I will likely have completed only 3k by the time I come to my service interval. 

Whats your plan with regard to servicing the RC-F? Stretch the intervals or just get it serviced annually?

On 2/10/2018 at 10:15 AM, Martin F said:

By who?  God?

By the dealership. Of course I can do it but it would invalidate the warranty. Obviously

On 2/10/2018 at 10:15 AM, Martin F said:

By who?  God?

I'd rather not take the chance. Interesting argument but it might take a lot of effort and time and even money if you had to resort to legals. Not worth it in my opinion but guess you would think so and nothing wrong with that, we're all different.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links