Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all....

Can anyone tell me how to correctly remove the front door carrds from my IS200 Sport?

I tried to do this a few weeks ago to upgrade my speakers and cant seem to get past the door handle recess. I removed the screw from the middle of the recess and the door card just wouldnt come away from it...Am i missing some other attatchments from there? found all the other screws but only one nr the crome door handle......

Thanxs

Russ:D

Originally posted by uklexusIS200

Hi all....

Can anyone tell me how to correctly remove the front door carrds from my IS200 Sport?

Apparently not :P

I've not tried to remove one but;

door trims are normally fixed with blind poppers or clips that you have to pull or lever in the right places - could be time to buy your local service manager a pint if you don't want to break anything.

Thanxs for the advice on taking out the sevice manager of my local Lexus dealer.

However, I'm not really that way inclined and as a rule, i dont take strange men out for drinks to butter them up for free advice. He! He! He!

On another note, i'll remove all the screws i can find from my door cards and pull a bit harder this time!!!

I'll keep you posted on how i get on and how to correctly remove the door cards, when i've broken a few things in my car.......:lol:

I don't have an IS, but if it's at all similar to a GS, there's a screw behind a panel that you have to remove behind the door-opener - get a thin-bladed screwdriver in there and gently lever it out.

If you have to pull hard, there's something wrong!!

When you get all the screws out, you have to lift it upwards to get it off.

No probs. Couple of other things - once it's free, don;t forget to get your head inside and remove all the plugs before you pull it too hard!!

You'll also want something to stand it on, if you lower it to the groundm you may stretch the cables that work the door release, and/or tear the polythene seal inside. Once it's free - get under it and look inside - you'll see what I mean.

Good luck!

mmmmm - I had a fully detailed write up with pics in the workshop dept, but since steve re designed the site all the attachments have dissapeared! ( STEVE!!!!!!)

the clip you are looking for is actually on the pivot of the chrome door handle, there is one at the top and one at the bottom, i used a little screwdriver but be aware you will most likely mark the plastic a bit but dont worry it is not visible.

what you have to do is pry the door handle surround down a bit ( for the lower clip, and up for the top clip) and pull the door cover away at the same time

the clips are a bit of a pain but it will come off. pm me if ur having difficulty

i also recommend removing the tweeter cover( just pulls off) before removing the door cover as it makes life a bit easier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links