Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Performed a search cant find this issue on the site....

The car flashes the indicators once/twice when I lock/unlock from the fob = normal.

Recently, when I place my hand into the door handle to trigger keyless entry, it flashes 6 times and the locks trigger around the car. This happens even if I have already unlocked the car on the fob.

Does anyone know why this might be? Perhaps its a warning for something or a symptom of another fault?

Indicators working perfectly for use when driving.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by Billnick
Symptoms updated/clarified

Hmmmm unfortunately not. I am getting the 5 flashes but when I press the unlock button once.

I have always deadlocked my car (2 button clicks) but it has not ever caused the additional flashes.

Maybe I will get the manual out, see if there are any clues in there.

Have you tried a 're-set', battery dis-connect for a few minutes, note you will have to re-learn each window ( and sunroof?) and may lose trip figures and radio pre-sets.

paul m.

If everything is working as it should then yes I agree it is 'trying to tell you something' 

but it is a shame that it is very difficult to find out What!!!

paul m.

If someone other than you Has used it then it might be because multiple button presses of the key fob may have changed some of the entry system settings.

paul m.

Not too sure on that to be honest, having fitted a new Battery to my 250 recently nothing has changed with the entry system but then again I not sure if 'everything' might have been in the default setting anyway.

I haven't read all this but post #9 mentions 6 flashes.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056319050

paul m.

Hmmm that thread sounds more like it.

I confirmed the symptoms last night:

Lock and unlock on the key fob works as normal with 1 and 2 flashes.

It is when I put my hand into the drivers door handle to trigger the key less entry, it flashes 6 times and sounds like the other doors open and lock etc.

Sadly, I did not try those doors to see if they were unlocked.

I will do some proper investigation in the morning tomorrow and then disconnect the Battery.

Ok. I disconnected the Battery yesterday whilst i replaced my headlight bulbs.

Upon re connection the symptoms of the multiple flashing seemed to have been cured.

That was until later that evening after another journey when it did the same again.....hand in the door handle and 5/6 flashes.

I fitted a mirror auto closure box back in 2015. I am worried that one of my solders might have come loose and is shorting out. I have contacted Michael who supplied the box to see if he is aware of or seen the 5/6 flashes before.....

Hope it isn't a deeper electrical issue.

Owner in this thread had a result from dealer with just a loose connection in door, ( shown on invoice attached in post #27)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/749540-multiple-beeps-when-unlocking-door-handle-is350f-2.html

I know it is Gen 3 but I would not expect locking system to be million miles different, and you have a PO-40 fitted so door wiring has in fact been disturbed!

paul m.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so today I removed the drivers door card to inspect the wiring and look for signs of a short, water ingress etc.

All of the connections I soldered for the auto fold module seem intact and nothing touching etc.

No signs of water or rusting either.

I put it all back together and now cannot reproduce the error I was getting from the central locking. I did not remove the Battery so the error I was getting must be due to a loose connection which corrected itself when I was moving around the wires.

For now I will see how long it lasts and if it comes back will remove each connection and re-solder them. Maybe just a little blow in each of the multi plugs was what it needed....once can hope.

Good that it is working as it should but bad that you did not find an obvious cause. Fingers crossed that it behaves as intermittent faults can send you round the bend. Hopefully it does not happen again but if it does then the interior of the drivers door will need very close inspection. In my previous post above it was apparently a loose connection in drivers door.

cheers Paul m

Agreed, being a perfectionist it does bother me that I didn't actually find the cause and fix it.

Never mind, will just have to hope it doesn't come back, was fine for a few years after all.

Thanks for all of your input.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links