Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cooled seats is IS-F

Am i the only one that prefers non leather seats??

Cloth is cool in summer warm in winter, more comfy than leather not slippery but hey try to get a premium car with non leather seats..

my top favorite is the toyota century with cotton seats now thats what i would like as an option!

4 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Cloth is cool in summer warm in winter, more comfy than leather not slippery but hey try to get a premium car with non leather seats..

my top favorite is the toyota century with cotton seats now thats what i would like as an option!

I think cloth is better as you say,  but leather looks better imo, and doesn't Mark or discolour as quickly as cloth. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Comedian said:

You can't feel it through thick jeans so much but through my light summer dress it's was lovely.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I prefer to cool the seat naturally using the ice from my old chest freezer, applied just before any hot summer drives. 

_20180208_222447.thumb.JPG.b1f55b64566e55ca8fc3abdedafa2b0d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Or you have them cooled and heated - problem solved, best of both words.

On the serious note you are right, they do not got uncomfortably hot or cold. However they have far too many downsides for those 2 advantages - they do get dirty, they are hard to clean, they are always made from synthetic material (I cannot stand synthetic materials), they look crap, except of siting on the they are not very nice to touch.. all in all they feel cheap. Therefore leather is always a choice for luxury car, durable, good looking, natural material. As for slipperiness - well designed and bolstered seats leather seats are fine, it is not old days when you would have leather covered bench in front and just slide around, obviously there is alcantara as well ( which I hate - it is polyester!)...

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don't miss the cooled seats at all. I had it on the SE-L and it barely cooled my butt 😔

The ventilated seats don't "blow", they " suck".

The fan is used to draw air in through the seat surface and exhaust it underneath the seat. You won't feel air blowing out through the leather surface.

• Like 1

Agree.

Or for men who simply don't have a pair.
Of trousers? That's a great idea.

I was using my ventilated seats officers, it's not what you think.

9 hours ago, peachy said:

The fan is used to draw air in through the seat surface and exhaust it underneath the seat. You won't feel air blowing out through the leather surface.

Really? In my RC300h the fans definitely blow the air out of the seat. There is a fan in the seat base and another in the seat back. Both draw air from the cabin and blow it through the channels in the seat cushions. The air then diffuses through the foam and exits via the perforations in the leather covers.

If they simply drew the air through it wouldn't ventilate the areas occluded by the sitter's back and thighs. Exactly the areas most needed.

So it's curious that from 2017-11 Lexus saw fit to reverse the air flow in the seat back, drawing air through the seat face and exiting via the climate fan in the seat back! The seat base air flow remains as for pre- 2017-11 models...

13 hours ago, peachy said:

No they blow, otherwise it would be useless in keeping your back cool pressed against the seat.

On vehicles with S-Flow, it is best to turn it off so cool air entering the rear, under the seats, can be drawn in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

On vehicles with S-Flow, it is best to turn it off so cool air entering the rear, under the seats, can be drawn in.

That's interesting and makes sense. Why doesn't the handbook mention useful things like this???