Recommended Posts

Hi

is it possible to run a set of 17" rims on a gs300h and put winter tyres on?

there is no clearance issues with brakes or discs.

what is the minimum size to run on this car?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The options listed in the handbook shows the smallest wheel/tyre combo is

225/50R17 94W on 17 x 7 1/2J

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a lot of GS300's had 17" and they use the same brakes as the 450

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nsxer said:

Hi

is it possible to run a set of 17" rims on a gs300h and put winter tyres on?

there is no clearance issues with brakes or discs.

what is the minimum size to run on this car?

thanks

Mk3 GS models can run on 17" wheels but as you have a Mk4 GS I would check with Lexus first. There is a thread on here dated 31/07/17 (Sorry I don't know how to attach it to this thread) where another member was asking if he could fit 17" wheels to his Mk4 GS instead of the standard 18" with the outcome being that a Lexus technician said it was highly unlikely they would fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lexus told me I couldn't run 17" wheels on my RC300h but the handbook and B pillar sticker clearly shows 17" as an option. I think there's a reluctance to commit to anything other than order options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevet said:

Yes, a lot of GS300's had 17" and they use the same brakes as the 450

You are messing up the generations.

Question was about 2014 gs300h and those got different breaks than 450h.

300h got - 334 front and 310 rear

450h got - 356 front and 356 rear

 

300h should be able to take 17'' but 450h wont unless it was factory fitted with them as they got smaller brakes (probably some basic grades)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a GS300h Executive Edition and that's got 17 inch wheels as standard, so they'll definitely fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2018 at 2:48 PM, Hangie said:

You are messing up the generations.

Question was about 2014 gs300h and those got different breaks than 450h.

300h got - 334 front and 310 rear

450h got - 356 front and 356 rear

 

300h should be able to take 17'' but 450h wont unless it was factory fitted with them as they got smaller brakes (probably some basic grades)

All 300h have the same brakes and can therefore take 17" wheels. The Lux 450h also has the smaller brakes so 17" wheels will fit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys 

on the hunt for a 2nd set mainly for winter duties.

let me know what you have got.

NB just need the rims will sort own boots out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

there is a set of alloys to fit an Is220 with tyre size 225/50/17 that may be available to me. I have attached a pic of the rim 

do these rims fit the GS mk4 I.e same pcd specs etc.?

any help advice much appreciated 

 

5690B670-6C07-49E2-BCD2-D5682A2542A6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now