Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Cat D 430 on eBay

Morning

I think this car could be a gem for the winner?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-LEXUS-LS430-6-Speed-Automatic-Genuine-34800-miles-Full-Service-History/173146635361?hash=item285057fc61:g:~nwAAOSwm~daewtZ

I see it missed an MOT, but it does look in good condition.  I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to Cat D, but they must sometimes offer great value for money.  From what I can see it looks mint inside.

Anyone on here bidding?

I’m interested in this one. However there are no pics of the damage available and it’s due a cam belt etc.

Finding it tricky to value.

Edited by buccal
Typo

Find the reason for selling a bit flaky as it is contradicted with px for similar and as already been mentioned cambelt change due.

Get the feeling thats why it is up for sale,and if the bidding goes up much further it will be expensive.

.............but even with the cambelt due by time/years it doesn't mean to say that the cambelt might go pop any time soon ......... maybe another year or two or more left tbh ........  i remember reading the true life expectancy of a Ls400 cam belt is @150k miles before it actually goes " pop "

Malc

Malc 

You are of course erring on the speculative with those analogies but the truth of the matter is that ten years is the prescribed safe change interval on a cambelt regardless of use as the rubber content perishes ,so would you spend a good lump of your money on a sought after example LS430 and then gamble on the belt failing,I don't think so I did'nt on my 19k Mark4 which had gone a further 4 years past the ten when I acquired it,and to be honest was like new when taken off.

But having had one fail on my Mark 1 due to a seized water pump I do not wish that experience on anyone.

..............  and the original Mk1 Ls400 never did have any change by date or mileage .............. suggested by Lexus :winkiss: 

as I read on here sometime, somewhere ... and I understand it was a non-interference thingy so even if it did snap the engine wouldn't be knackered ........  but when the waterpump goes, well, how unfortunate

Malc

Yes Malcolm the wording was in the owners handbook" unless the vehicle is used as a taxi or a delivery vehicle"but try convincing the Lexus dealership of that when 60k came up,they would'nt change tack and insisted on belt replacement.

And that repair of the seized water pump still cost £800 at the time.

Never like Cat C or D. Bought a VW once knowing everything about the car. It had had a fully professional repair. All measured and certified to the millimeter, but, it just wasn't right. It was OK, but just not right. Tiny things were not as in a car that had not had a whack. Given the millions of second hand cars out there......why bother? Get the real deal. Nice car with provenance, and a nice 'normal' owner.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links