Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Repair or Refurb

dubbsr

Hi Guys, i am new to this site. 

I have a Lexus Is200 with the sports kit and 18" alloy.

I noticed last year that one of my alloys has a slight bend, so will like to get it replaced or repaired. I have been using it as a spare so it hasn't been a big deal. 

I am just wondering if this is repairable or if you know any where that can replace it with a refurb for a reasonable price?

Also can it get worse if its only used to drive to the garage 1 mile away?

I am looking to spend no more than £60, since as i mentioned i can just use it as spare when i'm desperate.

I live in west London.

Thanks in advance

20180210_153840.thumb.jpg.96deb52432175060f80788027c6bde64.jpg

_edited.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am finding it hard to locate the same wheel though. I did see one on eBay but that too did have a bend in it.

Can you recommend somewhere that will sale the same alloy as mine?

I don't personally know but they'll be others that respond who may be able to help.  The thing with alloy is it just doesn't bend.  See what others suggest anyway, there are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.

They can be repaired but should be x-rayed to make sure there are no fractures - which probably means it will go above your budget.

These wheels are quite rare, be careful with eBay as most will be damaged wheels people are trying to get rid of unless someone is selling a full set from a scrapped car.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99-05-LEXUS-is200-ALLOY-18-inch-TTE-WHEEL-SPARE-225-40-18-tyre-7mm-Pirelli/282841711561

saw this on eBay. I have the same wheels and have gone through over 3 sets since new. they are basically like butter. if you take them to a wheel refurb place they will tell you if it is worth fixing them. I've lost plenty to huge potholes unfortunately.....

Wheel refurbishing place - I know that a lot of dealers that charge you over £100 per wheel send them to this place out in Flaunden.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/our-prices/

They charge £45 to the public per wheel which is very good. They charge the dealers somewhere in the 30s so you start to get an idea of main dealer repair markups (they're huge).

Hope this helps :)