Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afternoon all,

I am in the market for a LS430 but am struggling to find any locally to view.

A bit of an odd request but I’d be very grateful if anyone could measure the space between the back of the drivers seat and the front of the rear seat cushion. I’m 6ft so    Ideally someone close to my height would be great!

My current car has 20cm and I need quite a bit more. May end up in a LWB S class at this rate!

many thanks

I've only just sold my LS430 and I can tell you that you really don't need to measure it.  The rear space is vast, even for the tallest person, and as the rear seats recline they can have a good nap!

Rear space is plenty. Remember the rear seat goes backwards. Obvious but often forgotten. The further back it is.....the safer in a crash. Same for the passenger seat. Whenever my kids get into a car, I say seat back. 5 extra inches = you might not hit the windscreen in a crash.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

The market for good LS430s seems to be strong at the minute. That’s a couple of good cars I’ve been interested in go very quickly !

I’m the one who bought Phil’s LS430, I can tell you the interior is cavernous no matter which seat you sit in and I’m 6’3” and it’s also extremely comfortable. Its also one if the few cars with a sunroof (or moonroof as Lexus would have it) where I have enough headroom. I’ve had a LWB W220 S-Class and yes it does have a bit more rear legroom but I think the LS430 is more than ample and is a much better car in just about every other respect.

I may have to compromise on interior colour to buy the best condition car I can find.

Has anyone bought from South West Lexus (Indy) near Bristol? Or Moses gate near Bolton?

Edited by buccal

20 hours ago, buccal said:

Has anyone bought from South West Lexus (Indy) near Bristol? Or Moses gate near Bolton?

As they are fairly close to me (Lexus South West) and out of curiosity, I was reading through his/their site. The reviews are very good (subjective I know) and he seems keen on the Lexus brand. Prices are on the high side but the cars appear a cut above the usual dealer, forecourt stock.

Moses Gate buy there cars directly from Lexus dealers so come with flsh and always seem top notch but don't have any experience of them directly. I think if I was prepared to part with a large chunk of cash I'd take it there. Some lovely LS's. I really like this one but the colour probably isn't up everyones street http://www.mosesgatecarsales.co.uk/detail/267485/used-lexus-ls-430-4-3-4dr-bolton

• 2 months later...

Deposit down!

Very excited, will put up a proper introduction in the new members section when the car is collected.

Thanks to Mr doofa and The acre for advice given via PM 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buccal said:

Deposit down!

Very excited, will put up a proper introduction in the new members section when the car is collected.

Thanks to Mr doofa and The acre for advice given via PM 

Looking forward to hearing the news (and seeing the photos) which will only make me ask why I parted with mine!

Really looking forward to seeing it, remember lots of photos!!! As both me and Phil are in GS’s at the moment we’ll both probably wonder why we both parted with ours and we both had the same LS!!! 🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Really looking forward to seeing it, remember lots of photos!!! As both me and Phil are in GS’s at the moment we’ll both probably wonder why we both parted with ours and we both had the same LS!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I like the way you say GS's at the moment!

• Haha 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-ls430-ul-2001-4-3-v8-12-months-mot-120k-miles-only-no-reserve-99p/202310721925?hash=item2f1aa8a185:g:vvsAAOSw4V9a9GaT

Looks like quite a good one. It’s had cambelt, water pump, radiator, new gearbox, new steering adjust motors, new NSF shock, new subwoofer.