Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All season tyres - anyone run them?

After a TOTAL mare of a journey last night travelling from the Manchester back to Leicester (M6 > Stoke > A50 > M1) I *really* need to get my tyres changed. Took it steady unlike the MANY fools that drove past me and then seconds later ended up the embankment or in the central railings. Thankfully made it back in one piece...

I've ran winter tyres on the cars for years but out of laziness on my part didn't get round to sorting them on the GS (OK partly because I keep on thinking of selling it!)...Don't fancy going down the route of swapping them over each season so thought I would look into All Seasons. Thinking the Vredsteins. Anyone have experience of these or any other All Seasons?? Worth it??

Or should I really sort out my advert for selling the car :wink3:

• Like 1

My wife ( or at least her car -an RX350 ) just had 4 of these fitted.

Good reviews, fair price. Great tread.

Nokian Weatherproof SUV - 235/55 R18 104V  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PCM said:

My wife ( or at least her car -an RX350 ) just had 4 of these fitted.

Good reviews, fair price. Great tread.

Nokian Weatherproof SUV - 235/55 R18 104V  

Read good things about these.

We run Pirelli Scorpion all seasons on the XC90 and compared to the previously fitted Nokian winters which we kept on year round I'd say they're not quite as much of a no brainer when you hit the slippy stuff but still very good. Where you could just plough on with little thought on the winters the all seasons need a bit more consideration about things like gearing or traction control. I'd recommend them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20 hours ago, Normski said:

Really? Didn't think the Mich Crossclimates came in the GS size!

They do not make them in 245/40 R18 which is the size for all Mk3 GS cars with 18" rims. However they do make them in sizes 225/50/R17, which some Mk3 and Mk4 run on, and 235/45 R18 which is most of the current Mk4 lineup (excluding F-sport). 

• Like 1

I have 235/45/18 Michelin Crossclimates on my GS300h Executive - good, quiet tyres and performed well in recent snow / ice on the side roads, I do 10 miles country roads then motorway very early mornings and they have certainly negated any worries about getting stuck.

• Like 1