Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looks a lovely car tbh notwithstanding it's being sold with a huge number of Advisories for stuff that really needs attention before the next MOT ( or even right now ! )

Looks like a Royal Tunbridge Wells phone number and maybe an elderly owner from a well respected address methinks ....  might be good ........... and price negotiable to sort out some or all of the Advisories perhaps

Malc

The MOT history shows the vehicle as quite a bit of chassis corrosion for its mileage and as probably been in a salty atmosphere if the brake pipes on the centre section are corroded.

But as posters have already stated all repairable and the bodywork is pristine.

The dealer might wiggle on price but if not its still worth investing in.

Nothing too concerning on MOT

Also needs someone to properly check it underneath because if MOT was done at Kwik Fit or Halfords, a tiny bit of rust would be classed as corrosion as they love writing up advisories to back themselves up

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malc said:

looks a lovely car tbh notwithstanding it's being sold with a huge number of Advisories for stuff that really needs attention before the next MOT ( or even right now ! )

Looks like a Royal Tunbridge Wells phone number and maybe an elderly owner from a well respected address methinks ....  might be good ........... and price negotiable to sort out some or all of the Advisories perhaps

Malc

Malc its being sold by a dealer

Looks nice, and MOT history not a big concern, best to try it out and listen for nay knocks and brake judder in relation to radius arms and rods.

Is it worth £2795, if it were okay and the rust is your general 19 year old rust you find underneath.

If my LS fell apart tonight :wacko: I would probably be popping down to Kent tomorrow.

What happened between 2009 and 2016 regarding the MOT history, looks like it was laid up for years?

This may explain the onset of brake pipe corrosion and worn tyres if it has been bought as a barn find and put back on the road on a budget, be interesting to see the service history also for this period.

Dealers make me smile when alloy wheels and AC amongst others are considered optional extras on the LS400.

14 hours ago, steve2006 said:

What happened between 2009 and 2016 regarding the MOT history, looks like it was laid up for years?

This may explain the onset of brake pipe corrosion and worn tyres if it has been bought as a barn find and put back on the road on a budget, be interesting to see the service history also for this period.

Dealers make me smile when alloy wheels and AC amongst others are considered optional extras on the LS400.

Maybe the registration was changed for that period. When my DHP was taken away from me by the insurance as uneconomical to repair, I moved the plate to my RX. A new plate was put on the DHP . I'm not sure if the MOT history is reallocated to the new plate, so possibly is lost for the period I owned it.  

43 minutes ago, cornershop said:

Could have gone abroad? Even going to Eire would result in a loss of MOT history, I believe?

If a vehicle  is identified by current reg no on GOV MOT the only info on MOT history is for that number,the private plate on the car as obviously been added after initial registration and any entries for the initial reg will be wiped by the present reg.

If the private plate is removed from the vehicle the registration reverts to initial registration and any mot info will be for that reg not for subsequent years regardless as to how many plates the vehicle as had.

The vehicle's past (not the number plates past)  is recorded by GOV/MOT no matter what number plate is assigned to that vehicle. If you transfer a personal plate to a car that has had, say, 3 mot's, your personal plate will be allocated to that car's past. The car from which you are transferring the plate will be allocated a registration (not necessarily the original number) and that registration will show that cars history.

My car was mot'd 3 times with it's original plate, 3 times with my plate Checking my plate through MOT/GOV shows all 6 mot's.

I think that makes sense, hope so!!

It only clocked 12k in those 'missing' 7 mot years so was prob laid up, but the mileage recorded at 23 May 2007 don't stack up! Could just be a error on some part but hopefully can be confirmed if the cat has paperwork for that period.

paul m.

Sorry Graham but we will have to agree to disagree my LS400 Mark 1 was holding its original plate for the first 6 years of its life then for 14 years my personal plate was on it , when I sold it it reverted to its original plate.

My mark 4 had its original plate up to me applying my personal plate when that plate is put on the MOT site the only history is for my plate if I put in its initial plate it comes up as unregistered.

I understand Phil. When you sold your Mark 1 it could well revert to it's original plate, but any plate  (as long as it's not trying to make the car look newer) can be assigned. Your Mark 4 's original plate just hasn't been assigned to another vehicle yet

The MOT site only goes back to 2005, any MOT's before then are not recorded. There are numerous mistakes made on this site, all the information is supplied by thousands of MOT testers, and, being human, mistakes can't be avoided. The entered information can be amended by Swansea if you spot a mistake but only within 3 days of it being entered. After that, it's on there forever.

on my now long gone Mazda 323f the MOT reading one year was 10,000 miles out ........... but made up for it on the next MOT ok .  the Tester just input an incorrect reading. It happens !

Malc

6 hours ago, Malc said:

on my now long gone Mazda 323f the MOT reading one year was 10,000 miles out ........... but made up for it on the next MOT ok .  the Tester just input an incorrect reading. It happens !

Malc

Mine has been MOTd a couple of times and shows KMs instead of miles, same garage every year too.