Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window tinting - parcel shelf removal?

Evening all, It's been a long time since I last visited the forum, but I've come back to the Lexus fold after recently purchasing a 2013 is300h f-sport.

So having had the car for 3 weeks now I  thought it was missing something to finish of the look and it's now booked in for rear window tinting in the next 2 weeks. The guy doing it mentioned removing the rear parcel shelf to guarantee a smart finish. Has anyone else had the same thing? If so, any ideas if it's easy to remove the parcel shelf? Appreciate the help.

16 hours ago, Leeaerosmith said:

Evening all, It's been a long time since I last visited the forum, but I've come back to the Lexus fold after recently purchasing a 2013 is300h f-sport.

So having had the car for 3 weeks now I  thought it was missing something to finish of the look and it's now booked in for rear window tinting in the next 2 weeks. The guy doing it mentioned removing the rear parcel shelf to guarantee a smart finish. Has anyone else had the same thing? If so, any ideas if it's easy to remove the parcel shelf? Appreciate the help.

Yes, its pretty much the norm. They can't physically put the sheet in and doing it properly without taking the parcel shelf off

11 hours ago, Leeaerosmith said:

Thanks Rayaans. Any idea how easy it is to remove?  I tried looking for some 'How To' guides, but couldn't find anything.

Not sure as I havent removed it but I suspect its pretty easy. It probably just pulls out once the subwoofer has been disconnected and the rear seats put flat.

i was looking at mine a few weeks ago

lower the rear seat backs

remove the plastic trim around the boot opening (behind the seat back)

remove trim clips

remove panels above the parcel shelf either side of the car

popup shelf & remove shelf

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links