Lexus v Skoda

Think I came off the better for this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :wallbash:

Stationary at a junction in a 30 mph zone - smacked in the back by someone, speeding? or in a hell of a hurry to move on?

1.thumb.jpg.c38b5e2fafcb63b863de5a6fa96156cd.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3693728340c692a8f6e4fa989c8676c6.jpg

Damage - to mine:

Bumper / boot lid / boot floor / underside panels / exhaust diffusers both knocked off - not bad considering damage to the other

No damage to the exhaust or light which is very surprising considering. The driver of the other car could not even open the drivers door it took that big a hit

Any ideas on costs ?

• Sad 2

My sympathies Shaun. That has to be so bloody annoying.

I hope it all works out OK for you in the end result.

Keith

• Like 1

Ouch, what doesn't look too bad to the untrained eye quickly changes when the bodyshop guy utters the immortal words

''Oh dear, couldn't have been hit in a worse place''

Don't be surprised if it's written off, sorry.

58 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

Ouch, what doesn't look too bad to the untrained eye quickly changes when the bodyshop guy utters the immortal words

''Oh dear, couldn't have been hit in a worse place''

Don't be surprised if it's written off, sorry.

Was thinking that - at least no one was injured. The other car had bald tyres ... !!!! Insurance going through ok so far - hire car Lexus CT coming tomorrow. Will keep informed on how things go with the insurance co.

I liked the car although 11 years old now and at 107k miles. Might be time to upgrade ?

The  majority of comments relating to insurance companies are mostly horror stories, my last 2 experiences have been the opposite.

Hope all goes well for you Noo bie.

Dang!

Such a shame as you seem to have put an awful lot of hard work into that car. Hope it works well for you whatever the outcome.

I hope it goes well for you too. My insurance woes are not good at all.

Do you have witnesses or dashcam evidence?

In my terrible experience, if they guy who hit you says you reversed into him, they will split liability.  Don't underestimate the lies people tell. 

Mine is still at formal complaint stage, I will escalate to the ombudsmen not that it will change anything. 

Sorry to hear what has happened.

It will probably end up with a perfectly good car being written off because of someone carelessness.

I hope this isn't the case though and you get it all sorted easily.

10 hours ago, chr15gb said:

I hope it goes well for you too. My insurance woes are not good at all.

Do you have witnesses or dashcam evidence?

In my terrible experience, if they guy who hit you says you reversed into him, they will split liability.  Don't underestimate the lies people tell. 

Mine is still at formal complaint stage, I will escalate to the ombudsmen not that it will change anything. 

5 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Sorry to hear what has happened.

It will probably end up with a perfectly good car being written off because of someone carelessness.

I hope this isn't the case though and you get it all sorted easily.

Well, so far so good... car collected today and a hire car dropped off (2016 BMW 3) Will find out about mine on Friday / Monday regarding the inspection recommendation for repair or write off. The guys that collected it were sure it would be repaired as its not as bad in the pictures - bumper / boot lid and the panel behind the bumper was lightly bent in - hoping for it to be repaired but its in the back of my mind that its going to the metal yard !

Been looking around for something similar just in case - found 2 but the SE-L is quite scarce at a pre 100k mileage but hope I wont need to go down this road.

Early days but the insurer has been fantastic - I carefully say "early days"

I have a dash cam pointing forwards - no witnesses.