Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fox isF exhaust

As can be seen I'm along with others exploring the exhausts available for my Rcf whilst on there site I see that the system for the isF has been reduced to a little over £800.00, I know that a few on here have considered this system before maybe worth a second look.

Big Rat

• Like 3

Looking to modify already?! Nice! :wink3::cool:.

Don't go getting carried away now, not like they do a supercharger kit for the RC-F yet........ :lol:

Be nice if more IS-F products come down in price, risk is companies move on and stop producing parts for us old timers! :wink3:

• Like 1

@Peter P18 Hi Pete how's your beast performing miles of smiles I'm guessing......... well when the weather improves 🙄

Modify the Rcf nothing to ambitious one or two of us want some more noise usual Lexus 'F' car failing... if you can call it that !

I agree about the isF parts risk from aftermarket companies, hey Quicksilver have discontinued there valved exhaust system for the RcF already due to lack of sales which isn't wholly surprising if you looked at the price.

Big Rat

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Quicksilver have discontinued there valved exhaust system for the RcF already due to lack of sales which isn't wholly surprising if you looked at the price.

4.5 k to invalidate your warranty isn't an attractive option. 

Now once cars get to 3 or 4 years old then they may have seen a few sales. 

@Comedian Lexus Uk commissioned Quicksilver in 2015 to design a valved full system and a non valved axle back for the RcF, two cars had the valved I have the reg numbers and four had the axle back. Some of the cars were used at Goodwood that year.

All but one of the cars were subsequently sold through Lexus main dealers country wide.

Big Rat

• Like 1

@emjay82 Well when I spoke to Paul Goddard a few months back when I was discussing isF exhausts with him he said then they would and the price would be broadly same as the Rcf.

Give it try ring him but ask for him specifically.

Bug Rat

5 hours ago, Comedian said:

4.5 k to invalidate your warranty isn't an attractive option. 

Now once cars get to 3 or 4 years old then they may have seen a few sales. 

I cant work out if that is the case Sean, Cheltenham have my Isf for sale with the aftermarket exhaust on the car and will presumably stick a 12 month warranty on it when they sell it.

When, or if the car comes back for a warranty job, the dealer will obviously be paid for carrying out the work and it will therefore not be in their interest to make a song and dance about the exhaust, I am not disagreeing with your statement I just think it is not in the dealers interest to make a big deal about every type of modification.

• Like 1

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty/

Go to terms and conditions then read the part about eligible vehicles.

The dealer shouldn't care, they want the work. It's if someone from the warranty company goes to inspect.

I'm not arguing what's right or wrong just what they may use to wriggle out of.

It does offer you the chance to get permission but buy buying the system from a dealer I think you could argue permission was implied.

So I should rephrase that if fitting a 4.5 k system I'd want to establish permission.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Comedian said:

The dealer shouldn't care, they want the work. It's if someone from the warranty company goes to inspect.

It does offer you the chance to get permission but buy buying the system from a dealer I think you could argue permission was implied.

So I should rephrase that if fitting a 4.5 k system I'd want to establish permission.

Yes, absolutely spot on, as you say if someone from the company that underwrites the warranty has a look at a particular claim and the car has aftermarket non Lexus approved parts fitted then that is their "out".

It would be interesting to know how often this happens, they clearly need to police the dealers to validate the warranty claims...........BUT.............my car is still sat there with an aftermarket exhaust fitted and it will leave with the new owner and 12 months warranty and I would love to know what would happen in the event of a claim..............a member on here had issues on his Isf with the steering rack, replaced under warranty at, from memory around £3500, now, if the car had an aftermarket exhaust system and an underwriter from the warranty company checked the claim could he attribute the aftermarket exhaust to the failure of the steering rack, I think we all know the answer to that one....

I think it is a real grey area Sean, and I think its going to be pot luck with each claim open to scrutiny.

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Well when I spoke to Paul Goddard a few months back when I was discussing isF exhausts with him he said then they would and the price would be broadly same as the Rcf.

Give it try ring him but ask for him specifically.

Bug Rat

Spoke to Paul, very nice chap but the development cost is just going to make these too rich IMO. It would be circa £4k and a week of the car off the road, which is just nuts. The only considerable saving would be a group buy of 10+ units which is unlikely. I still have a couple of options for a switchable system which I will continue to investigate...... 

• Like 1

[mention=54609]Mark G[/mention] [mention=54052]Comedian[/mention] Lexus Cheltenham have my isF on sale as well now........ with an after market exhaust........ didn't sound as nice as Marks though.........[emoji30]
Big Rat
Well they wouldn't be able to deny a claim as they are giving permission to use it. I think, I'm no lawyer. However the key word is 'permission' not the modification itself.

Mark. It would make sense to all of us that an exhaust would not affect a steering claim..... But that's not how the clause is written.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:02 PM, Comedian said:

Spoke to Lexus Woodford & also Lexus extended warranty re putting the H&S cat back system on as part of the group buy. 

Spoke to Lexus Woodford who were very helpful & didn’t think this would be a problem as warranty doesn’t cover exhaust anyway as a failure would usually be in the wear & tear category, but suggested I check with warranty.

Warranty’s response was the unequivocal insurance response that it would invalidate the warranty as per the terms & conditions re no modifications.. Discussed fact that the exhaust is not covered anyway and that Lexus dealers were selling cars with non OEM exhausts complete with warranties, to which I got no response.

Called Woodford back to find out how the claims procedure works and  they were clearly surprised by warranty’s response..

Claims apparently are usually inspected over some £900 or when a component could have failed due to wear & tear. The dealer usually fights the claim on your behalf, as they want the work, but you can complain which apparently can have more impact. Woodford deal with most of the various warranty companies & in their experience the Lexus warranty is very good at paying . There view was that as the exhaust is not covered anyway they felt it would be very unlikely to be an issue & they would fight the issue. The only time they were aware of an issue resulting in the warranty not paying telated to suspension problems on a car that had been lowered.

My concern with all this is that any ambiguity around insurance leaves it open to someone’s interpretation and there is little point in paying for the warranty if it doesn’t  payout when you need it.

I called today mainly to make sure I had cover all the bases before sorting the exhaust - not sure where I stand now TBO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAW said:

I called today mainly to make sure I had cover all the bases before sorting the exhaust - not sure where I stand now TBO.

Good work. My point exactly. Their plan is you pay them, not they pay you, so they stack the deck. I've wavered so many time from one direction to the other over what's best to do. I'd be bloody annoyed if they didn't pay for a blown amplifier because I had a different back box. 

Exactly - insurers are always happy to take your money then as a standard procedure try to find a reason not to pay.

What happen to paying for and receiving a good service for your money!! - blimey I’m showing my age 😉

• Like 1

I've just read the lexus warranty t&cs  (it's how I relax on a weekend! ). Here's a few observations about this poorly worded document:

No car will be covered if modified in any way except with authorisation from lexus. It doesn't explain what this means but I would guess it would only cover situations where lexus uk have teamed up with an external provider for something like an 'official' sports exhaust rather than any modification on a 2nd hand car sold through the dealership. 

The standard exhaust is covered but subject to the usual exclusions so not covered for rust or wear and tear etc. 

It appears to be an unregulated warranty. This means your only route for complaint if the warranty company (called TWG) does pay out is to lexus customer relations and then through the courts. Most non-manufacturer endorsed warranty products are FCA regulated so you can complain to the ombudsmen who should be more sympathetic. 

Overall I think you have to go on what the t&cs say and don't get the warranty if your car is modified in any way.

With the growing numbers of F cars in the UK more and more owners will be wanting louder exhasts this may put pressure on lexus to take another look at this exclusion.

😁

• Like 1

Thanks rusty. Interesting it's not regulated. I wouldn't have thought that was even legal to sell an unregulated insurance product?

1 minute ago, Comedian said:

Thanks rusty. Interesting it's not regulated. I wouldn't have thought that was even legal to sell an unregulated insurance product?

It's a fairly complicated area of regulation and not really my area but I believe if the manuacturer simply extends the cover they have to give legally to new cars then this is not treated as an insurance contract so doesn't need to be regulated.

Obviously lexus have their reputation to protect so they will probably cover most reasonable situations especially if you kick up a fuss on social media 👍

• Like 1