Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum and have an issue with my Lexus IS250 2007

start from the beginning

Went to get in car and there was no power to even open car doors so presumed it was a flat Battery so used the key attached to fob to get in to open bonnet, then tried to jump start it with no luck, then changed Battery for a brand new one and thought it was all sorted all ignition lights came on and pressed brake pedal down and start button went from red to green but it wouldn’t even crank over nothing.

have checked starter relay and alternator fuse but not having any luck getting to the bottom of it. Any help advice would be very welcome

cheers

Gary

Check the Battery connections - they can push off a bit as you tighten the clamps. Try very gentle tapping with a light hammer as you tighten them. If that doesn't work check the earth to body (from the battery) where it connects to the body.

Does the starter crank?  Or even have the solenoid click?

Are you sure that the Battery has sufficient juice to crank the starter? 

I've had cars in the past that had enough power to light up all the dash but nothing left to crank.

Is the engine able to turn over? - drop it into neutral and with a spanner on the crank bolt try turning the guts of the engine.

Oh and welcome to the forum Gary / @Gaziom

Buy RAC/AA homestart and get them out to diagnose..these guys have all the tools to get the root cause of such problems as we can only direct you to areas to look at.

Does seem strange that new Battery does nothing......earth strap would be a good starting point.

Tesco club card points do a very good RAC deal for membership.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links