Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GH450 h Large Displays And Mark Levinson

Hello everybody, 

I currently have a 2008 gs450h and I'm looking to upgrade it to the 2012 onwards model. I would like one with the larger display screen and I realise that it's not available on all models. My question is does the large 12 inch screen as opposed to the smaller 8 screen indicate that it is some kind of Media upgrade pack and does that carry with it the Mark Levinson audio? Or is it part of some other package and Mark Levinson is not always implied if there is a larger screen. 

I hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated. 

I've been looking at and f Sport model which has a large screen but I cannot tell if it carries the Mark Levinson audio and the advert does not say. 

Thanks 

Hi Wayne, if it has the 12" screen then it also has the ML audio system for 2012-13 models - the two where packaged together as an option for the Luxury and F Sport models, and standard on the Premier. From 2014 onwards the two can be separate as the 12" screen comes with navigation and the ML audio system is optional for all grades except the Premier.

You can also tell a vehicle has the ML audio system by looking just above the hazard warning switch (directly below the CD/DVD slot). There will be the ML logo if fitted or blank if not.

With:

5a86c56ee8e1d_ScreenShot2018-02-16at11_48_51.png.793b58f874c8090e5999c0e784c49c0b.png

without:

5a86c57f2af2d_ScreenShot2018-02-16at11_49_36.png.a3e9c4f2e1309637c6d991aebf35514f.png

• Like 1

It believe it is called Lexus Premium Navigation and can come with or without ML. However, I believe you can only opt for ML with Premium navigation and cannot have it as standalone option. As such cars with ML should have Premium Navigation already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

It believe it is called Lexus Premium Navigation and can come with or without ML. However, I believe you can only opt for ML with Premium navigation and cannot have it as standalone option. As such cars with ML should have Premium Navigation already.

This isn't the case with the 2012-2015 GS. All grades that have Nav are Premium Nav with remote touch, just some have a smaller screen. If you get the Mark Levinson premium surround system option then you always the 12" screen - the two cannot be separated.

For 2016 onwards the smaller Nav screen was dropped and all models get the 12.3" screen. The ML option in this case just upgrades the audio system.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this question but I've just seen a couple of 2014 F  sports with large screens without the Mark Levinson logo above the hazard warning switch, 

So by the Reckoning of this post and it's answers it doesn't have Mark Levinson?  if it had Mark Levinson it will always say above the hazard warning switch?

Sometimes it hard on Autotrader as the vehicle description doesn't state it either. 

Cheers. 

Yes I believe ML will always have the logo.

There is one at Lexus Derby which has 12" screen and no ML. The press releases doesn't mention this is an allowed combination but that info is clearly wrong. Even the old price list doesn't show it as an option. Maybe there was a change in 2014 or some demonstrators had non-standard spec.

5a928cb56e47d_ScreenShot2018-02-25at10_14_51.png.9399d81302c340f7c2bfe6329e115553.png