Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a used NX

I am close to buying a used 2015 NX Luxury and wondered what I should look for that are known issues.

secondly how much is it reasonable to expect to be knocked off the asking price if you have been given a reasonable trade in value? It's years since I last bought so I'm out of touch!

I just bought my NX 300h luxury and I was looking for one for quite a long time. 

In the end I bought a high mileage car but only 2 years old.  It was hard to bring the price down but in the end I think we got £600 off the price of an  already discounted £2000 of the car.

Is has the panoramic roof and the convenience pack. 

They keep saying to me they were loosing money etc but I'm not sure if that was just sales talk.  I never pay what someone is asking.  I feel like it is not a good deal for me.   I have walked off a few times on a deal. Even if you want it badly sometimes you just need to walk off and wait.

I did that and I think I have a great deal with the car in the end.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, keywest said:

I am close to buying a used 2015 NX Luxury and wondered what I should look for that are known issues.

secondly how much is it reasonable to expect to be knocked off the asking price if you have been given a reasonable trade in value? It's years since I last bought so I'm out of touch!

Take a look at whatcar.com. They have some good buying tips on there. Key advice is to know how much your own car is worth as a trade-in and how much the 'new' car is worth. I always look at the difference between my car and a new car based on dealership pricing (for both) and this is always my target cost to change. I don't always get there for obvious reasons but I get as close as I possibly can.

• Like 1