Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Less power on the new RC-F

The new 2018 RC-F now produces 457 BHP @7100 down from 471BHP due to Euro 6 emissions regs!!!

I assume the other V8 models will follow suit.

Me thinks Lexus need to be introducing a new engine, and soon, this NA V8 has clearly had its day.

25 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I doubt loosing 24 bhp will be noticeable in day to day driving on public roads.

What are the new torque figures?

Losing 24 bhp may not be noticeable, assuming it hasn't got heavier, I haven't seen the 2018 figure , however it is going in the wrong direction, if the new model is heavier I think it will do the residuals no favours at all.

10 minutes ago, Comedian said:

The new supra will sell like hotcakes and convince lexus to ditch it (v8). My hypothesis.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I think you are right there, although Lexus are obviously well aware of what they need to do and apparently we have a 4.0 V6 twin turbo coming.

1 hour ago, mrfunex said:

My GSF (2016) is listed as Euro6, yet still produces 471bhp? 

Possible typo?

The revised RC F is certified for Euro 6d, the old one along with the GS F is Euro 6 compliant.

From the press release:

To comply with the new Euro 6d emissions requirements, the RC F’s exhaust system has been fitted with a new Gasoline Particulate Filter. This has brought about a change in the car’s power and torque output figures: maximum power is now 457bhp/341kW at 7,100rpm, with maximum torque of 520Nm delivered at 4,800rpm.The RC F also adopts the new Drive Start Control system featured on the 2018 Lexus RC

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I doubt loosing 24 bhp will be noticeable in day to day driving on public roads.

What are the new torque figures?

Torques down as well

And so is the price!

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

Losing 24 bhp may not be noticeable, assuming it hasn't got heavier, I haven't seen the 2018 figure , however it is going in the wrong direction, if the new model is heavier I think it will do the residuals no favours at all.

471 minus 457 = 14  so a negligible loss.

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

Mark is right though, it's the wrong direction.  NA V8s are dead me thinks!!

Wonder what would happen once we leave Europe though, would be cars still need to be compliant?

26 minutes ago, Chafford1 said:

471 minus 457 = 14  so a negligible loss.

This is the bit to worry about: The RC F also adopts the new Drive Start Control system featured on the 2018 Lexus RC

Unless I misunderstand what it does. But I bet there is a remap to pass euro 6? who knows

54 minutes ago, rayaans said:

And so is the price!

Yes but add 3k to get: Plus Pack is identified by its 19-inch forged alloy wheels, while inside you’re treated to semi-aniline leather seats with heating and ventilation, a heated steering wheel and keyless entry. On top of this little lot is a 17-speaker Mark Levinson premium sound system. 

20 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Yes but add 3k to get: Plus Pack is identified by its 19-inch forged alloy wheels, while inside you’re treated to semi-aniline leather seats with heating and ventilation, a heated steering wheel and keyless entry. On top of this little lot is a 17-speaker Mark Levinson premium sound system. 

But the price has still gone down spec for spec. Its showing £62935 with that spec and I don't think you can even get heated steering wheel currently.

Also I think you mean the Card key, not the keyless entry because thats standard across the range.

19" alloys are also on the base model - just not forged ones

4 hours ago, Mark G said:

The new 2018 RC-F now produces 457 BHP @7100 down from 471BHP due to Euro 6 emissions regs!!!

I assume the other V8 models will follow suit.

Me thinks Lexus need to be introducing a new engine, and soon, this NA V8 has clearly had its day.

This is the beginning of the end, I'm going to start stocking up on the duracell AA's ready for the rush. This is why a wanted a V8 now before the government make them unreachable to Joe bloggs. 

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Wonder what would happen once we leave Europe though, would be cars still need to be compliant?

yes, unless you think that Lexus will make special models just for the very small  UK market