Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Less power on the new RC-F

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

where are you seeing new model pricing?

Current price on the price list for the "old" model is showing £62935 after adding Metallic paint and ML options.

The new OTR price is £59620 for the base model. Plus pack is £62620.

Metallic paint is standard across the range now. 

http://media.lexus.co.uk/2018/02/equipment-technology-upgrades-2018-lexus-rc-rc-f-coupes/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

58 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

I hope the new gasoline particulate filters are a bit less of a liability than the diesel particulate filters have proven to be over recent years. 

Ive done a bit of research on this - apparently petrol engines get hotter during normal driving than diesels hence everything will be cleared without needing a long run. 

Cost roughly £25 to replace but undoubtedly if you go to Lexus this will be around £250

• Like 2

Current price on the price list for the "old" model is showing £62935 after adding Metallic paint and ML options.
The new OTR price is £59620 for the base model. Plus pack is £62620.
Metallic paint is standard across the range now. 
http://media.lexus.co.uk/2018/02/equipment-technology-upgrades-2018-lexus-rc-rc-f-coupes/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks
Forgot paint an ML added nearly 2k - glad I didn't pay it :D thanks for the clarification.

The Base does seem to be for advertising as it's a model no-one would buy surely.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Forgot paint an ML added nearly 2k - glad I didn't pay it :D thanks for the clarification.

The Base does seem to be for advertising as it's a model no-one would buy surely.

Can't see why not. It's got an alcantara interior like the carbon but 10k less lol. 

Metallic paint is included. 

ML not essential really as the 10 speaker base setup is more than adequate. 

Will probably have huge £7-8k discounts and will probably hold its value better than the others.

They all come with safety system + and adaptive suspension

14 hours ago, talaipwros said:

yes, unless you think that Lexus will make special models just for the very small  UK market

I was thinking more about MOT time.  If a filter in the exhaust is causing a power drop then should be easy to reverse mechanically.  Wonder about a remap though.

If fitting an aftermarket exhaust removes it and you can't remap the ECU then that's a bit of a worry for new owners wanting an exhaust.  

Marcus

• Like 1

Can't see why not. It's got an alcantara interior like the carbon but 10k less lol. 
Metallic paint is included. 
ML not essential really as the 10 speaker base setup is more than adequate. 
Will probably have huge £7-8k discounts and will probably hold its value better than the others.
They all come with safety system + and adaptive suspension

Ok you've convinced me :)

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

They all come with safety system +

But only pre-collision and adaptive cruise control. You need the plus pack for blind spot mirrors and rear crossing alert. With the better wheels, leather seats, ventilated front seats and better audio system, the plus pack is relatively good value. I'm not sure many dealers will have the base model as their showroom vehicle which they will eventually want to sell on, so big discounts may not be possible.

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

But only pre-collision and adaptive cruise control. You need the plus pack for blind spot mirrors and rear crossing alert. With the better wheels, leather seats, ventilated front seats and better audio system, the plus pack is relatively good value. I'm not sure many dealers will have the base model as their showroom vehicle which they will eventually want to sell on, so big discounts may not be possible.

I would argue that adaptive cruise control and pre-collision system are enough for most users. 

The rear cross traffic alert is good but its not hugely useful and same with the blind spot mirrors as well and many could do without.

I think the big discounts might be on new versions of the base RC. Although the Plus pack might be great value if buying an ex-demo or pre-reg

Matter of opinion though. They were 2 things I wasn't bothered about. I rarely use cruise and when I do it's in a 30.

Rear cross traffic is useful in rc as visibility is not the best. It's alerted me once in a car park.

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

What Lexus is really missing is a speed limiter, much more useful than cruise control IMHO

It's odd that Lexus don't provide this. My wife's Prius has it which uses exactly the same full speed adaptive cruise control system used on the Lexus vehicles - there is just an extra button on the steering wheel to turn the function on/off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links