Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Portal

Just wondering exactly what I should be able to see when logged ito the Lexus Portal.

I can see a couple of things such as a replacement tyre, done before I owned the car, I can also see mention of a recall and a loan car, again before I owned it but, I certainly can't see any mention of the 3 services that have been carried out.  The most recent one being done on February 12th.  It might be too soon for this one to appear on the system but surely the previous two should be there.

Also when I look at 'Do you want to register your Multimedia System'  there isn't a graphic there that is similar to my in-car screen.  Does this only apply to Premier cars?

I have entered all of my car's details such as registration number and VIN number etc.

The service history is certainly hit or miss. I'm not sure if the dealers have to do something special to make sure the data is uploaded but I've seen incomplete history on all the vehicles I'd owned, and Toyota ones too which use the same system.

I image the multimedia system is only for Premium Nav - you can't push destinations from the website to the car on the standard nav so there is little point having it registered.

2 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Just wondering exactly what I should be able to see when logged ito the Lexus Portal.

I can see a couple of things such as a replacement tyre, done before I owned the car, I can also see mention of a recall and a loan car, again before I owned it but, I certainly can't see any mention of the 3 services that have been carried out.  The most recent one being done on February 12th.  It might be too soon for this one to appear on the system but surely the previous two should be there.

Also when I look at 'Do you want to register your Multimedia System'  there isn't a graphic there that is similar to my in-car screen.  Does this only apply to Premier cars?

I have entered all of my car's details such as registration number and VIN number etc.

Should really be there. 

I still have my 3RX listed on the system and its all there, along with all the 4RX ones and the IS ones. The 4RX one took 24 hours to update.

All my visits to the dealership are listed under the Service History, the PDI and one annual service, even down to my purchase of screen wash!

Quite a bit of detail under each entry as well, pleasantly surprised TBH

I'm also pleasantly surprised. No services yet, but even my purchase of a touch up pen is listed! Accessories fitted and date has also been added, although they've added wind deflectors instead of sidesteps...I guess somebody entered an incorrect reference number.

Hi all.

New to Lexus so was most surprised when i was able to get all the service details on this system even down to telling me when it had new front tyres well before i purchased the car.

Also told me when it had had new spark plugs and the new rear tyres and the VSC problem fixed.:wink3:

65mike:rolleyes:

I wasn't aware of this. I knew I could register my vehicle with Lexus but it wasn't really useful due to its age. It appears now that I have service and maintenance records going back to 2003!

Further to my original post.  I have contacted Lexus UK to see if they could help and i have just received their reply this morning.

Yer tis then.........................................

"Thank you for your reply including images of your MyLexus portal.

I now understand that the details that are visible to you are the 'header' details of visits to Lexus Centres that are entered by the service technicians themselves.

Occasionally the entry details given are less detailed - If you have any concerns regarding work carried out on any particular date I encourage you to contact the service manager at the Lexus Centre in particular so that the Centre may provide you more detailed information on the visit as the bulk of any service information is stored on the Centre's internal systems.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

Kind regards."

It would seem from this response that what appears on the portal is very hit and miss and you're very lucky if you get lots of detail.