Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi my 2004 RX300 RHD has recently becoming worse at demisting, with mist building up quickly, and slow to clear. When it does it clears everywhere except drivers windscreen and passenger window. Ive lost the relevant part of the manual, tried buttons in all combinations, and Im not sure if my recirculation button is working as the light has stopped but the beep sound still works when switched on. Any help or advice gratefully received , thanks! Pete

Assuming your controls are similar to my 2002 IS first thing is make sure A/C is ON. Make sure it's set to AUTO and that the direction control is also set to AUTO. Recirculation should be off. That should be enough to do the job and really doesn't ever need touching/altering from that. If it's still not clearing then the air con could be faulty or on the blink.

See here

TndMh92l.jpg

57 minutes ago, Dibble2601 said:

Thanks bud will try and see if this works - Ive been reluctant to use the AUTO as I thought it might drain the fuel (even more) quickly 

Negligible (if any) difference in fuel consumption. Turn it all to auto, set the temperature and forget about it.

43 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

take a look at your cabin filter behind the glove box. If that is very dirty / wet it will affect a/c performance.

Good point.

22 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

take a look at your cabin filter behind the glove box. If that is very dirty / wet it will affect a/c performance.

That's my guess too - check the filter...

1 hour ago, PCM said:

That's my guess too - check the filter...

Thanks all guess im in for a busy weekend! I was thinking about the other issue of only the passenger side demisting could that be a displaced heater pipe of some description as ive also noticed that the air flow on to the windscreen on the drivers side is poor although  the system seems to be operating?? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, Dibble2601 said:

Hi my 2004 RX300 RHD has recently becoming worse at demisting, with mist building up quickly, and slow to clear. When it does it clears everywhere except drivers windscreen and passenger window. Ive lost the relevant part of the manual, tried buttons in all combinations, and Im not sure if my recirculation button is working as the light has stopped but the beep sound still works when switched on. Any help or advice gratefully received , thanks! Pete

Did you fix it?