Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Long awaited condensation update

After a long time and several attempts by different people to solve my condensation problem I now think at last it is solved even though the remedy involved substantial repairs.

So, already eliminated the usual sunroof drains, roof rail leaks, light cluster leaks and windscreen seal.

After finding a dry towel in the boot had become very very damp my dealer stripped out rear boot area of fittings down to the metal floor pan which wash wet all over with collection of water in corner wells. The cause traced to a split tailgate rubber split that had been letting water in for a long time. To such an extent that the rear steel bulkhead/panel that sits against rear bumper had become considerably corroded. Dealer advised in was bad enough to require action so car sent to bodyshop for rear panel to be cut out and replaced then sent to paint shop.

Car returned and boot dried and checked before being refitted with trim and carpets and then returned to me.

After three weeks of varied weather, use and hose pipe testing there are no signs of recurring condensation. Hopefully now sorted.

Oh yes the important bit the large bill was authorised by extended warranty department .

regards

stu

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links