Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

Having had an LS 400 for years and now an RX 300, I am planning on buying either an LS 460 or an LS 600h, probably around the ten year old mark. I wonder if anyone could advise me as to which would be the best to get. I am not particlarly mechanically minded but I do worry about the basics like cam belt change, hybrid Battery life etc.

Thanks,

Tim.

Tim hi and welcome

there's a huge amount of comparative thoughts on this forum advising and suggesting about the options

Mountains to read tbh

Many have ( well a few anyway ) either the Ls460 or the Ls600 and i too have been thinking about changing to one or the other ......  reading this stuff over many many months i think I'm favouring a 10 year old Ls600 ...........  there seem to be plenty about and many with excellent Full Service History and often from Lexus main dealers at really not much money ... well, the first careful owner having spent starship money on servicing and losing huge depreciation £££  ......................  they will have spent nigh on £100k +  and now available from say £12 to £20k

My 15 years ownership of first a Mk1 then a Mk2 and now 6.5 years of my Mk3 with 203k miles .............. one day i might change, and it will likely be a Ls600

Good luck whatever 

Malc

Hi Tim, 

The best to get will be for you to decide to be honest as it depends on everyone needs . 

For example LS460 they are all RWD in UK while LS600 are all AWD . 

LS460 has a decent size boot while LS600 has a smaller size which for me is fine but for others it might not be . 

Fuel consumption i suspect on a long run to be the same but in town or short journeys the LS460 will have a worse fuel consumption compared with the 600h . 

If you want the rear relaxation pack that was available only on the 600h here in UK . 

The list can go on but if you have any particular questions feel free to ask .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links