Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is200 Condensation in the car!

carlex

Hi everyone!

I recently acquired an is200 from 2005 with 60000miles on it. It looks and drives great although I have realized a couple of issues which I am hoping will be resolved quickly through the collective wisdom of the forum members. For which I thank you all in anticipation. Likewise, I hope to be of some support to the forum albeit my limited knowledge of cars.

Issue 1: Apparently there is a small gap in the lower right spindle/Ball joint. How urgent is this repair and would it be dangerous to drive the car without repairing/replacing it?

Issue 2: When its raining and wet there is condensation in the car. How do I fix this?

I look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers!

Issue 2) does it condense on the windows on sunny days as well? I’ve found in the past having to leave sunroof cracked so it ‘escapes’ and in the summer leaving windows and sunroof open to get it as dried out as possible. And in winter trying to get the least amount of water in. If you are drying the windows make sure all cloths and tissue etc are not left in the car as will add to humidity as well, (my 306 taught me a lot about condensation, especially in winter with frost on the inside) although it got a lot better after a good summer, which I appreciate is a way off

• Like 1

Hi another problem with the IS 200 worth checking is the windscreen ,is it original or has it been replaced ? I along with many others have had problems with windscreen replacement allowing water leaks .Check all round the bottom edge inside the car .If left it can affect electrics ,especially internal  fuseboxes , silica gel is a good idea . I notice you say it has covered 60000 miles ,this is important with regard to the cam belt ,does it have a record of a cambelt change

Dave

On 2/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Magic7032 said:

Issue 2) does it condense on the windows on sunny days as well? I’ve found in the past having to leave sunroof cracked so it ‘escapes’ and in the summer leaving windows and sunroof open to get it as dried out as possible. And in winter trying to get the least amount of water in. If you are drying the windows make sure all cloths and tissue etc are not left in the car as will add to humidity as well, (my 306 taught me a lot about condensation, especially in winter with frost on the inside) although it got a lot better after a good summer, which I appreciate is a way off

Hey, thanks for your response! No it only condenses when its wet outside. I'm running the AC and defroster when its raining and it seems to work. When of these days I'll get around to checking the drains, etc. :)

23 hours ago, true blue said:

Hi another problem with the IS 200 worth checking is the windscreen ,is it original or has it been replaced ? I along with many others have had problems with windscreen replacement allowing water leaks .Check all round the bottom edge inside the car .If left it can affect electrics ,especially internal  fuseboxes , silica gel is a good idea . I notice you say it has covered 60000 miles ,this is important with regard to the cam belt ,does it have a record of a cambelt change

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for your response. Yes the cambelt has been changed and the windscreen is original.