Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I’ve been after a LS430 for a few weeks now for an upcoming roadtrip. Managed to sort out some visa issues that were proving to be a problem so I need to move quickly on buying a car now. 

I have around £3000 to spend. Is it just me or are there fewer LS430s for sale at the moment? When I didn’t need one there were loads!

It's just the way it goes, next week there could be loads.  Sorry it didn't work out with mine, it was very much in demand!  I'm doing a road trip myself in a couple of months, France, Germany, Austria and maybe the Czech republic. Had I not sold my LS I would have taken it, but hopefully the GS will serve me well. It's still spacious and very comfortable. Good luck with your search!

Tis the law of sod sadly!

My roadtrip is around 6500 miles, the only thing that fits the bill for space and reliability seems to be the LS and the 430 has enough toys and is within budget. 

Now if only I could find one!

1 hour ago, GibletPH said:

Tis the law of sod sadly!

My roadtrip is around 6500 miles, the only thing that fits the bill for space and reliability seems to be the LS and the 430 has enough toys and is within budget. 

Now if only I could find one!

I'm sure you could find a 400 within budget, it would be every bit as comfortable and capable, perhaps even more reliable with a bit less to go wrong.  It would double your chances of finding a car. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been looking at the LS400s too but can’t seem to find anything relatively local. I do have a trip to London coming up next week so I’ll see if I can go view any on the way.  

58 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

I’ve been looking at the LS400s too but can’t seem to find anything relatively local. I do have a trip to London coming up next week so I’ll see if I can go view any on the way.  

I'm happy to view anything that's reasonably accessible from the Brighton area if that helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'm happy to view anything that's reasonably accessible from the Brighton area if that helps.

Thanks. I may take you up on your kind offer. I guess if I can’t find a LS400 or 430 then I’ll look at a GS instead, seem to be more of them available. 

I was speaking to the guy selling the 430 at link below on Sat, I called with a view to buying it. I had a quite lengthy chat with him including the fact one of his relatives works for the local Lexus outlet. I mentioned the suspension problems I'd heard about on the 430's & he told me the one advertised had had the suspension more or less collapsed, his garage has fixed it all, so I guess no more suspension probs for quite a few (I think fixed with Lexus parts, check) he says the LS 400 a far better car, more or less said their quality & build can never be beaten by any car (exclude's RR & Bentley). So after quite an interesting and amiable chat, I decided against the 430 & managed to get a deposit down on a LS 400, to collect Sat.

I would say though, IMO the guy is a good guy to deal with & also bear in mind this is a 2002 car & in the context of cars in general an old car, though much younger than the LS I have a deposit on, check link & maybe have a chat with him.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-430-4-3-Prem-Pack-Ultrason-Park-Sens-auto/253310199609?hash=item3afa76e739:i:253310199609

On 2/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, The-Acre said:

I'm doing a road trip myself in a couple of months, France, Germany, Austria and maybe the Czech republic.

Phil, if you decide to go into Czech, I can highly recommend the beautiful town of Český Krumlov (designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site). A really nice place with the River Vltava running through it where, if you so wish, you can hire a canoe/raft for a lovely paddle down to Zlaty Koruna, where a van will pick you up four hours later.

One of the more unusual places we've stayed is in the north of the country, very close to the town of Liberec. The Hotel Ještěd is at the top of a mountain, built into a television transmission tower and well worth an overnight stay just for the experience.

2 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Phil, if you decide to go into Czech, I can highly recommend the beautiful town of Český Krumlov (designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site). A really nice place with the River Vltava running through it where, if you so wish, you can hire a canoe/raft for a lovely paddle down to Zlaty Koruna, where a van will pick you up four hours later.

One of the more unusual places we've stayed is in the north of the country, very close to the town of Liberec. The Hotel Ještěd is at the top of a mountain, built into a television transmission tower and well worth an overnight stay just for the experience.

Thanks for the info, and as it happens that exactly where we were thinking of ( Český Krumlov )  My brother went there last year and loved it.  It would only be a brief day trip as it's only about 120 miles from Vienna, and all our other hotels are now booked.  I'll certainly be reporting back!

• Like 1