Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Spoiler & Other Stealth Things...

19 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

I have 2 massive blue ones on my mantle piece now lol

Bet you'll find a buyer for these on eBay with no problem.

There is one of these going for £16 + postage on eBay right now... unless it's yours!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-front-bumper-badge/323075323434?hash=item4b38ca362a:g:46AAAOSwlJNag~41

7 hours ago, DanD said:

Bet you'll find a buyer for these on eBay with no problem.

There is one of these going for £16 + postage on Ebay right now... unless it's yours!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-front-bumper-badge/323075323434?hash=item4b38ca362a:g:46AAAOSwlJNag~41

You reckon matey? 16 quid new.. Didnt think they were worth much :)

On 2/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, parkman said:

Don't forget to get the illuminated door sills. I have them on my IS 300 and they look really nice at night.

Parkman. 

What was the cost for this as I am interested, and who completed the work? Thanks.

I had them fitted by Lexus, Cheshire Oaks, Chester. It took about two hours, and the total cost was £407.

I think that you may be able to buy them for around £200 and fit them yourself, but I am not sure if that price is right. I decided to get mine fitted as I had just bought the car, and I was going away for a while so they were done prior to collection of the car.

If I am right, on the gen III IS there is a connection sitting under the door sill and it is just a case of plugging the illuminated sills in. I am very lax in not knowing this - I am not sure if they are connected to the door interior light switch circuit or the cars side light circuit. All I know is that they glow white at night when you open the door.

I think that they may also come in blue, as well as white.

Parkman.

2 hours ago, parkman said:

I had them fitted by Lexus, Cheshire Oaks, Chester. It took about two hours, and the total cost was £407.

I think that you may be able to buy them for around £200 and fit them yourself, but I am not sure if that price is right. I decided to get mine fitted as I had just bought the car, and I was going away for a while so they were done prior to collection of the car.

If I am right, on the gen III IS there is a connection sitting under the door sill and it is just a case of plugging the illuminated sills in. I am very lax in not knowing this - I am not sure if they are connected to the door interior light switch circuit or the cars side light circuit. All I know is that they glow white at night when you open the door.

I think that they may also come in blue, as well as white.

Parkman.

See attached for installation PDF for illuminated sills.

Lexus_IS_illuminated_Scuff_Plates_RHD_PT942_53140_AIM_003_097_0.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Really nice car and the first one I've seen with the spoiler. Out of interest, is the spoiler a genuine Lexus item and how much are they? I'm only asking as I've recently bought a genuine one for £20. The Lexus catalogue doesn't give a price and curious.

Also in regards to fitting, did you stick it down or bolt it?

On 5/5/2018 at 2:11 AM, dapc said:

Hey,

Really nice car and the first one I've seen with the spoiler. Out of interest, is the spoiler a genuine Lexus item and how much are they? I'm only asking as I've recently bought a genuine one for £20. The Lexus catalogue doesn't give a price and curious.

Also in regards to fitting, did you stick it down or bolt it?

Its a genuine spoiler, but for the US market. If the UK one its in excess of 600 quid.. Slightly different styling. So £20 what you paid if genuine is a bargain

Ah fair enough, looks good though! Dare I say I think I may prefer your one. My £20 arrived on Saturday and looks to be genuine with stamps underneath and seals along the edging. Unfortunately it's painted in F-sport white whilst I have sonic titanium but from the price you've said, I got a bargain.

IMG_20180512_124455.jpg

On 5/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, dapc said:

Ah fair enough, looks good though! Dare I say I think I may prefer your one. My £20 arrived on Saturday and looks to be genuine with stamps underneath and seals along the edging. Unfortunately it's painted in F-sport white whilst I have sonic titanium but from the price you've said, I got a bargain.

IMG_20180512_124455.jpg

Did you get the complete kit? as I believe the spoiler comes with new boot springs to compensate the weight. rear high level light cover and of course the all important template to drill!

I am very interested in the illuminated sill lights. Does anyone have any pictures, or has an idea of the cost of having these retro fitted.

Thanks

I had the illuminated door sills fitted by Lexus, Chester. They are for the front doors only, and replace the plain sills. They light up blue and they look very nice at night. They connect to a plug under the sill apparently but may need to be programmed.

The cost, including fitting by Lexus, was £420 if I remember correctly. That price was in September last year.

Parkman.

1 hour ago, parkman said:

I had the illuminated door sills fitted by Lexus, Chester. They are for the front doors only, and replace the plain sills. They light up blue and they look very nice at night. They connect to a plug under the sill apparently but may need to be programmed.

The cost, including fitting by Lexus, was £420 if I remember correctly. That price was in September last year.

Parkman.

No programming needed that I can see in the installation manual.

I've taken off the trim and seen the connectors myself, very easy to do.

Lexus_IS_illuminated_Scuff_Plates_RHD_PT942_53140_AIM_003_097_0 (1).pdf

17 hours ago, matt8 said:

No programming needed that I can see in the installation manual.

I've taken off the trim and seen the connectors myself, very easy to do.

Lexus_IS_illuminated_Scuff_Plates_RHD_PT942_53140_AIM_003_097_0 (1).pdf

I had read somewhere about the necessity of having to program the cars system to light up the sills when the doors open but in retrospect I suppose that the plug under the sill is probably connected to either the side light circuit or to the door light switch circuit. I am not sure whether the sills are lit when the side lights are on because, obviously, the doors are closed !!

I had Lexus do the installation when I bought the car and before I collected the car from the showroom.

Parkman.

• 2 years later...

i have used the instructions up to pg9 step 5

if you then look on pg10 step 8 i connected the scuff plates wires

to the Z2 plug this is the wiring connector for the footwell lights

i done the same on the other side .