Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Egine Management Lght

IanA2

A few years ago I had a problem with the EML staying on after jumpstarting. Someone on here gave me or pointed me to a simple reset. For the life of me I cannot find the details by searching. It's an automatic MoT fail which is looming.

Help......

Thanks.

Thanks, that's a different resolution to the one I had which included shorting a couple of fuses.

Two questions. Are the EFI & ETCS fuses marked on the fuse cover? And will disconnecting the power to the ECU cause any problems? (I'm assuming not).

The Battery option is not as simple as it sounds, I can't do anything any more so it"s MrsIA2 who'll be crawling around the footwell under direction. And how can I put this, spanner, Battery? Well not her strong suit!

There is no problem with the car at all. It's runs fine.

Thanks again.

Had a quick look around the net. Lots of yes it is, and as many no it isn't. I think you may be right. I was certainly told in the past it was a fail. Great news if it isn't.

Thanks.

I believe you can clear the eml with a OBD reader and a smartphone

I would also suggest reading the eml code to see what fault is being indicated before you clear it.

13 hours ago, IanA2 said:

Two questions. Are the EFI & ETCS fuses marked on the fuse cover? And will disconnecting the power to the ECU cause any problems? (I'm assuming not).

I believe they are marked on the diagram on the inside of the fusebox cover. I suspect both of these are within the engine bay fuse box rather than the cabin.

Taking these two out won't cause an issue. Disconnecting the Battery may mean you have to reinitialise the sunroof/windows etc which is why popping the fuses is easier.